Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX new cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX new cards

Do you think if AMEX will come up with a new card? I know that Blue Cash and Everyday are fairly recent . I do not like charge cards as they don't affect credit score or reports as much a regular credit card does.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX new cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think if AMEX will come up with a new card? I know that Blue Cash and Everyday are fairly recent . I do not like charge cards as they don't affect credit score or reports as much a regular credit card does.

Actually they do affect your credit score. The cards report as "paid" every month just like a "normal" credit card would. The cards report as "no preset spending limit." If you're looking to not pay interest and get a ton of benefits, a charge card is good. As a matter of fact, I wish more banks would come out with charge cards, but that would cost them more money than the revolvers in the long run. If there were only charge cards instead of revolvers, everyone would be unsecured debt free (except for with student loans). 

Additionally, you can bet your credit score will take a hit if you pay late or default on your card. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With that said, I hope AMEX dumps the regular Gold card in favor of just having the Gold Premier Rewards card.

Of course, Kenneth I. Chenault is a clown too, so you might not see any progress with the company until he's gone. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of card are you looking for? I find it hard to believe that out of all their card options you are having trouble.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my wife has Everyday Preferred so I do not want the same card as her. Hows the Delta Gold Amex?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As another poster already mentioned. A charge card does affect your credit score. It reports payment history which is one of the biggest factors in the fico scoring system, so having positive payment history will be beneficial to your credit report. Also length of history as well. It also can be a good thing that a charge card doesn't factor in your utlization into the scoring either, if there's ever a time a high balance reports on your statement it won't dip your utlization scoring down. It's sort of like hiding your utlization. It's kind of cool. Charge cards also usually have some great perks and benefits attached to the card on top of reward points etc. Thus, I wouldn't rule out getting an Amex charge card as an option.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you fly Delta alot? I just don't see the reason of getting a Carrier specific card with an AF if you don't consistently fly with that airline!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the nuance you're aiming for is that NPSL's aren't optimal for credit reporting purposes, but charge cards in and of themselves will have the same effect on your credit as credit cards.

The Blue Cash is actually a really old card, I think introduced in 2000.

I think it's anyone's guess if Amex will have new products; we tend not to have a lot of info about new products until they announce them. The Zync totally flopped but the Everyday has been a success it seems. We will see.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.