Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX not reporting to TransUnion but does to Equifax, Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX not reporting to TransUnion but does to Equifax, Experian

We have recently moved back to the states after living in Australia for 5 years and so it is like starting over with credit scores. We make fairly good money with a combined income of around 310k but could not get a car loan or credit cards to save your life. I had to put $10,000 down on a secured credit card from BofA to start with and payed it off and used it quite a bit for the first year of having it.

It has been 2 years now and have several cards that we pay off each month, car loan and a mortgage. We still have quite a few inquirees on our report as how are you suppose to get credit without applying for it. This is hurting our credit scores as there is about 17 on our reports from cell phones, furniture, rent when we were renting 5 came from when we got the car and another 7 or so when we got the house. And so we are being penalized for trying to build and get credit.

My AMEX card is now showing up on all 3 of the reporting agencys but this is after months of telling them that it was not showing up on TransUnion. AMEX finally got it right on mine but it is still not showing up on my wifes TransUnion report. I have spent hours on the phone with both TransUnion and AMEX informing them of this and they keep blaming the other company. TransUnion keeps telling me that they report everything that is reported to them and by law have too. AMEX keeps telling me that they are reporting it to all 3 of the credit agencys hence the reason why it is showing up of the other two. Needless to say I have tried to conference both without them knowing but they tell me that they can not do 3 way. WHY when this could be so easily taken care of. They each then tell me that they need the other to call directly but nothing ever happens after months. I have disputed and had investigations started with both companies with no luck. Can anyone tell me what else I should be doing as this is killing my wifes credit score of over 100 points on TransUnion. Let me tell you that she is also a co applicant on the card as well. Her scores are 728 EQ 726 EX but is 625 on TransUnion. Does anyone have any suggestions as we are trying to buy property and if fthey pulled the TransUnion report we would be declined in a second with that low of a score.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX not reporting to TransUnion but does to Equifax, Experian

So you have had your AMEX card 2 years right? It should have certainly showed up by now.

Try contacting TU special handling 800-860-7289

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spent hours on the phone with AMEX Credit Bureau reporting department and they keep telling me that they are reporting it to the agencys. I asked them to hold on and tried to 3 way yesterday to finally take care of this and as soon as I got both on the phone both AMEX and TranUnion informed me that they can not do 3 way calling. What kind of BS is that? It is so simple to me and if I ran my company like they do I would be out of business in no time. Life in the States revolves around these bloody scores doesn't matter how much money you make or have never been late on payments they would rather give credit to someone that has had lousy credit or just going to college without a job then to give us credit. I have to say that I was born in the States and lived here most of my life but other countries have a far easier time of getting credit then here in the States.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AMEX card is now showing up on all 3 of the reporting agencys but this is after months of telling them that it was not showing up on TransUnion. AMEX finally got it right on mine but it is still not showing up on my wifes TransUnion report. I have spent hours on the phone with both TransUnion and AMEX informing them of this and they keep blaming the other company. TransUnion keeps telling me that they report everything that is reported to them and by law have too. AMEX keeps telling me that they are reporting it to all 3 of the credit agencys hence the reason why it is showing up of the other two. Needless to say I have tried to conference both without them knowing but they tell me that they can not do 3 way. WHY when this could be so easily taken care of. They each then tell me that they need the other to call directly but nothing ever happens after months. I have disputed and had investigations started with both companies with no luck. Can anyone tell me what else I should be doing as this is killing my wifes credit score of over 100 points on TransUnion. Let me tell you that she is also a co applicant on the card as well. Her scores are 728 EQ 726 EX but is 625 on TransUnion. Does anyone have any suggestions as we are trying to buy property and if fthey pulled the TransUnion report we would be declined in a second with that low of a score.

I may be wrong but since mortgage companies pull all 3  for the very reason that not all things show on all reports, wouldn't they use her middle score?   That's what they did when my husband and I bought another home.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that on my report and my wifes when we bought our house or even for the car loans they did not report the same on all 3 reports. You would have 2 with 3 of the lenders and then another 2 with 2 other lenders and so on and so on. I can say that Experian is great all you have to do is dispute an inquire and they will remove it in case anyone did not know. We both have 0 inquires on our Experian accounts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.