Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX now accepted at Sams Club

tag
selena
Contributor

AMEX now accepted at Sams Club

AMEX is now accepted at Sams Club. You can get $25 back when starting a new membership. All you have to do is visit a store and enroll your card by the end of December. To get the $25 back make sure you add the offer before you go into the store.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/sams-club/index.html?intlink=us-DPD-HPsc

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX now accepted at Sams Club

My local Sam's club has been taking everything but VISA for a while I think. By everything, I mean even the foreign credit card processors.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is about time.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 3 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Sunrise Earth didn't like my post, Smiley Sad

They extended the sign up until December 31, which is good, didn't have time to get down there.

The 25 off is for new memberships. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Sunrise Earth didn't like my post, Smiley Sad

They extended the sign up until December 31, which is good, didn't have time to get down there.

The 25 off is for new memberships. Smiley Wink

What post?  I love everyone's posts!

OP, IIRC, Sam's Club began accepting AMEX as of the 1st of the month.   I'm glad to hear the offer has been extended for the credit...some folks may want to take advantage of that for the holidays

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 10
selena
Contributor

Oh I wasn't aware. Guess I found out kinda late huh Smiley Tongue

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@selena wrote:

AMEX is now accepted at Sams Club. You can get $25 back when starting a new membership. All you have to do is visit a store and enroll your card by the end of December. To get the $25 back make sure you add the offer before you go into the store.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/sams-club/index.html?intlink=us-DPD-HPsc

Thanks selena for sharing!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This all makes perfect sense: Costco dropped Amex even though the issuer offered a ridiculously low rate. Amex is mad and has offered Costco's largest competitor a discounted swipe fee to help the competition.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my Amex card and my university ID to get a Sam's Club membership for about $10 earlier this month. There's an Amex offer good through today, where Amex credits you $25 for a new membership ($50). Sam's also has a collegiate membership product, which gives you a $15 Sam's gift card upon sign up. With the two offers combined my membership was only $10!

Message 9 of 10
selena
Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@selena wrote:

Thanks selena for sharing!

Ur welcome Smiley Happy I'm also a college student so maybe I can look into the signup for the gift card. 

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.