Did you mean: 

AMEX now offering free FICO 08

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX now offering free FICO 08

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@cjc343 wrote:

I know it's a long shot, and I'm not sure if you'd need to not have enrolled yet or whether someone who has already enrolled would be able to find this as well, but... it'd be really great to know what the variable 'AH.appJsonDecoding.acctSummaryBean.acctHubLinksPageBean.viewCreditScoreLink' is set to when it isn't either "#" or ""...

<script id="usefulLinksCCSGTemplate" type="text/x-jilt-template">
 <![CDATA[
 <ul>
  {{if:model.showViewCreditScoreLink}}  
   <li id="ah-viewcreditscore-li">
    <a id="ah-card-viewcreditscore" href="#" title="">
     My Free FICO&reg; Score
    </a>

credit.png

AND THE FOLLOWING

credit2.png

on a side note, I had to opt-in to receive my scores but did so when the link was visible on my Amex Homepage.

Yeah, I have been able to find the opt-in scripts you have highlighted and my encrypted account number, but the post URL of the form after enrollment is unclear. I'm assuming that it's "/myca/creditscore/us/" or something similar, but I can't say for sure.  Does the URL in your address bar change when you actually view your score?

The other problem is that I think I'll have to force the system into thinking that I've opted in somehow, but I can't get the enrollment form to load like it does for someone who actually has that "My Free FICO Score" link on their page. I'll try again tonight but I'm not liking my prospects. Smiley Frustrated

Message 251 of 666
cjc343
Valued Member

Relevant function:

displayFICOOptInLayer: function() {
        if (typeof OptIn != "undefined") {
            var d = AH.appJsonDecoding.acctSummaryBean.acctHubLinksPageBean.viewCreditScoreLink;
            var c = AH.appJsonDecoding.cardData.encryptedAccountNumber;
            var a = AH.appJsonDecoding.cardData.cardSortedIndex;
            var b = $("#ah-main-container");
            if (d !== "#" && d !== "") {
                OptIn.init(false, "ah-card-viewcreditscore", b, d, c, a)
            }
        }
        setTimeout(function() {
            (typeof ($iTagTracker) == "function") ? $iTagTracker("rmaction", AH.OmnTag["see-fico-score"]) : null 
        }
        , 2000)
    }

I've already simulated clicks on the credit score link but above you can see that:

var d = AH.appJsonDecoding.acctSummaryBean.acctHubLinksPageBean.viewCreditScoreLink;

And then:

if (d !== "#" && d !== "") {
    OptIn.init(false, "ah-card-viewcreditscore", b, d, c, a)
}

Unfortunately, when I check the value locally, I get back a hash/octothorp/pound/number symbol:

> AH.appJsonDecoding.acctSummaryBean.acctHubLinksPageBean.viewCreditScoreLink
<-"#"

Which means that without knowing what URL that's 'supposed' to point to, I have no hope whatsoever of actually getting the OptIn to load.

Message 252 of 666
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

There is a script called oo_fico.js that doesn't look very helpful.  Looking further through you have ah_script_core_1.5-min.js which has the following related to the FICO score:credit score.png

AND

credit score3.png

AND

credit score2.png

Message 253 of 666
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Wonder about the ethics of posting script decrypts here. I want the score too, but?
Signature needs updating
Message 254 of 666
elim
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Wonder about the ethics of posting script decrypts here. I want the score too, but?

hard to keep a coder idle     :]

Message 255 of 666
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

No less ethical than what Chase is doing, or Amex appears to be considering in my estimation.  Costs them nothing, using it as a marketing engine or not entirely sure in Amex's case, no.

        
Message 256 of 666
cjc343
Valued Member

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Nothing unethical about looking at the files a website asks you to download.

Why should it be unethical to share parts of the files you've looked at? There's nothing 'decrypted' here, just a little bit of style applied to an otherwise jumbled mess.

Personally, I'd love to know what other values the variable 'AH.appJsonDecoding.acctSummaryBean.acctHubLinksPageBean.viewCreditScoreLink' might be set to. I have no clue whether that knowledge could herald a new age in AMEX FICOs or whether it will be completely meaningless, customer specific, or whether AMEX will verify Opt-In requests before enrolling you in the FICO program, effectively limiting its usefulness to people who can see the link anyways.

Message 257 of 666
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I'd say since they are publicly accessible through direct link... no harm no foul.

Message 258 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just come back to report my recent request to Amex.

After I got enrolled into that EX PLUS score program (FAKO score, of course), I chatted with another SCP today just to see how the free FICO score program goes. Turns out, the SCP does not aware of this program, and he gave me a lot of useless links including this one: https://www295.americanexpress.com/premium/credit-report-monitoring/home.do which is not free but seems cheaper than a few other FICO score programs available elsewhere. Anyway, he gave me a number to call in: 866-617-1893. I wonder if anyone have tried this number or would like to call it right now. Otherwise, I may try it later just to see how does the pilot program roll-out. Thanks.

Update: I just called that number, but it is out of business hour on Sunday.

Message 259 of 666
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: I give up on Amex Fico

Don't give up. I have it now on my BCP card! Smiley Very Happy

Message 260 of 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.