Did you mean: 

AMEX now offering free FICO 08

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX free FICO

@Ghoshida wrote:

Finally got the FICO scores.

Figured out that adding the EveryDay card (to which I was an AU) changed my page layout back to the old layout of last year. That had no FICO scores.

Getting to tech support seemed too long a call; so went ahead and deleted the AU card from online viewing and Voila! the new layout was right there.

Got my free EX. It's 772, as of July 20 (odd that it's a month old but I'll take it). 

And it seems to be the best of the three right now (also because I think it has the oldest of the inquiries).

Thank you. My DW had the old layout, I read your post, she removed my PRG where she is AU and instantly a 'welcome to new layout' message showed up with an option to take a tour of new features. Now she has the option to see the FICO, Jul 11th and Aug 8th right now.

Message 631 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Figured out that adding the EveryDay card (to which I was an AU) changed my page layout back to the old layout of last year. That had no FICO scores.

Getting to tech support seemed too long a call; so went ahead and deleted the AU card from online viewing and Voila! the new layout was right there.

Got my free EX. It's 772, as of July 20 (odd that it's a month old but I'll take it). 

And it seems to be the best of the three right now (also because I think it has the oldest of the inquiries).

Thank you. My DW had the old layout, I read your post, she removed my PRG where she is AU and instantly a 'welcome to new layout' message showed up with an option to take a tour of new features. Now she has the option to see the FICO, Jul 11th and Aug 8th right now.

Hah, this worked for me as well.  I removed the Delta card that I was an AU and poof, new layout and Fico Score appeared

Message 632 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For those who have had the scores for several months now, any idea when they post the scores? When should we expect the August scores?

Edit: typo

I just got the score recently. It was dated July 18th. Second update hit today, and the score is dated August 15th.

Message 633 of 666
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Hah, this worked for me as well.  I removed the Delta card that I was an AU and poof, new layout and Fico Score appeared

Glad this experiment worked for both of you!

Now all those with multiple AMEX cards and no FICO try this and report. This might be a big enough problem for their tech team to take care of.

Unless AMEX has an anti-churning policy where they say free FICO only for those who apply for one card only 😜

Message 634 of 666
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX now offering free FICO 08

The method ghost also worked for me, but sadly I saw damage of my two apps did to my ex fico, may have to hold off on any apps thus year

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 635 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got the score recently. It was dated July 18th. Second update hit today, and the score is dated August 15th.

it is absolutely the same dates for me.

Message 636 of 666
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Got my score today, but its from June 10th! Weird, but its better than nothing.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 637 of 666
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Mine was from June as well.  Today it shows July 18th.  Will post when they update mine to August's score.

Message 638 of 666
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Wow thanks for the tip...I'm not an AU on any cards but I had my work corporate card on my managed cards. I removed it and the free FICO link appeared ASAP. Was able to add the corporate card back in afterwards and still have the link.

Message 639 of 666
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

Wow thanks for the tip...I'm not an AU on any cards but I had my work corporate card on my managed cards. I removed it and the free FICO link appeared ASAP. Was able to add the corporate card back in afterwards and still have the link.

Glad it worked for you.

AMEX needs to get this fixed, ASAP Smiley Happy

Message 640 of 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.