Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX now offering free FICO 08

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX now offering free FICO 08

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I have July 1st and Aug 1st scores on file. It's Sep now, but no score on Sep 1st yet. How long should I wait for to get the updated score?

My Barclay free score neither show up in Sep. My last Barclay free score was for July 31. Is this common?

About a week.

Message 651 of 666
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

DW as well as I have suddenly been given the new format with scores. Hers is as of August 1, so the September 1 score is likely just around the corner.

Message 652 of 666
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Finally seeing my score.. been checking for a while.

"Your FICO® Score as of August 15th 824"

and

"On July 18th your score was 823"

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 653 of 666
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Hmm, just realized that it updated but may not have looked at it correctly when I had been checking it over the past 2 weeks...

It says August 15th on top (807) then the July 18th score below (807).

I likely glanced too quickly and saw 807 so figured it was still the July's score.

Message 654 of 666
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

When last checked PSECU was still offering EX Risk Model v2 = EX 98 = part of the mortgage trifecta.

Moar scores = moar goodness imo.

Definitely, I'm glad to have found out it's not just a "duplicate" EX score of some sort. Smiley Tongue

Message 655 of 666
xp
Established Member

I'm wondering why there is a huge difference between EX-Myfico  and Amex/

791 (Amex) vs 719 (Ex-Myfico)

Apologies if this has been answered. I checked last 3-4 threads, didnt find any references.

Thanks

Discover 4500, Barclays 2000, Amazon Visa 500, Capital One 1300, Chase Freedom 5000, Amex Delta Platinum 29000 CITI AA 8000 AU on Amex SPG 30,000
Message 656 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xp wrote:

Apologies if this has been answered. I checked last 3-4 threads, didnt find any references.

Thanks

The two scores should be the same if they were pulled on the same dates and if they are using the same scoring model.

Can you check the dates the scores were pulled?

Message 657 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex's scores tend to take a couple weeks to post. Maybe something happened in the interim?

Message 658 of 666
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex's scores tend to take a couple weeks to post. Maybe something happened in the interim?

Mine tends to match at time of pull, but my file is changing with very little activity, just changes in balances.  If you have some baddies, high utilization, and/or new accounts, loans, then there can be a difference.

Signature needs updating
Message 659 of 666
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@xp wrote:

Best way to answer is to review reports from when the scores were generated and carefully compare.  We can endlessly speculate and you can endlessly review threads but there are many possible causes.  Always refer to reports to determine the cause(s) of any scoring change.  For a difference that large I'd guess a derog, extreme increase in revolving utilization or something along those lines.

Your reports aren't static so if the scores weren't generated at the same time there's certainly a possiblity that the number generated may differ as report data changes.

Message 660 of 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.