Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX now offering free FICO 08

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX now offering free FICO 08

I am now seeing the upgraded website as well, however nothing in regard to the FICO option.  Hopefully we will see something soon.  The more CCC's that offer true FICO scores, the better!  

With what seems like more and more credit card providers providing FICO scores, I wonder if this will put pressure on Capital One to begin offering a true FICO score, vs. the FAKO that they presently offer.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 91 of 666
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditPlay wrote:

I was hoping to see the score link after my statement cut this week.. nope nothingSmiley Sad

were you getting new site at least? i am still on the old site and my statement cut last week also :-(

My payment tab was new design initially then week or so bfore i got the new home page. Not sure why they sent out new site email to everyone when they have not migrated all users.  

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 92 of 666
uswala
Senior Contributor

@CreditPlay wrote:

My payment tab was new design initially then week or so bfore i got the new home page. Not sure why they sent out new site email to everyone when they have not migrated all users.  

They have not sent mails to everyone!! Only a few and yet they have not migrated those who got the email. Like I never goit their email but mu wife did. Still she has old website, which is weird as when they are sending email to a few then they shuld have migrated those few.

Message 93 of 666
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Have the new website with no score.  MSD 1989.  After reading on 'credit score' search topics found this.  Still not sure whether the score displayed with be a FICO or PLUS score though after all the reading.

The FICO® Score I received from American Express doesn’t match the score I received from another source. Why?

There are several reasons for possible differences.

1. The type of score.
The credit score you received from another source may not be a FICO® Score and may be based on a different score range. For instance, Experian provides FICO® Score, VantageScore, and PLUS scores. The FICO® Score provided in your FICO® Score summary is the FICO® 8 Score, based on data from Experian,

2. The date the score was calculated.
A FICO® Score is a point-in-time snapshot of your credit worthiness. As your credit profile changes, your FICO® Score may change as well.

3. Who provided the score.
The data in your Experian credit report may differ from the data at the other 2 Major Credit Bureaus. For example, not all lenders report to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus.

When comparing scores please compare the score type, the date, and which Credit Bureau's data was used.

Where did you get this score?

American Express obtained your FICO® Score from Experian, one of the 3 Major Credit Bureaus.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 94 of 666
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Have had new site for a couple of weeks. MSD 1970s. No free FICO.

It'll be great to have a real Experian FICO whenever it happens.

Message 95 of 666
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

Have the new website with no score.  MSD 1989.  After reading on 'credit score' search topics found this.  Still not sure whether the score displayed with be a FICO or PLUS score though after all the reading.

The FICO® Score I received from American Express doesn’t match the score I received from another source. Why?

1. The type of score.
The credit score you received from another source may not be a FICO® Score and may be based on a different score range. For instance, Experian provides FICO® Score, VantageScore, and PLUS scores. The FICO® Score provided in your FICO® Score summary is the FICO® 8 Score, based on data from Experian,

A FICO® Score is a point-in-time snapshot of your credit worthiness. As your credit profile changes, your FICO® Score may change as well.

The data in your Experian credit report may differ from the data at the other 2 Major Credit Bureaus. For example, not all lenders report to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus.

When comparing scores please compare the score type, the date, and which Credit Bureau's data was used.

American Express obtained your FICO® Score from Experian, one of the 3 Major Credit Bureaus.

If you look earlier (Post #51) in this thread, when you search "FICO" with Amex, You get similar yet different answers, including a key one stating something to the effect of "Your FICO score from Experian  will be updated once per month, if data is available".  Smiley Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 96 of 666
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

1. The type of score.

If you look earlier (Post #51) in this thread, when you search "FICO" with Amex, You get similar yet different answers, including a key one stating something to the effect of "Your FICO score from Experian  will be updated once per month, if data is available".  Smiley Happy

I guess they are following barclays lead with updating fico scores when there are changes to your credit score?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 97 of 666
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

1. The type of score.

I guess they are following barclays lead with updating fico scores when there are changes to your credit score?

Either that or they are giving a disclaimer for people that cannot generate a FICO score due to thin file. I know with me and Discover being my first credit card, they would send me mailers when my monthly score pull came due telling me that I'm on my way to getting a score but I cannot yet because lack of history.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 98 of 666
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

1. The type of score.

Either that or they are giving a disclaimer for people that cannot generate a FICO score due to thin file. I know with me and Discover being my first credit card, they would send me mailers when my monthly score pull came due telling me that I'm on my way to getting a score but I cannot yet because lack of history.

Well going to see how it plays out , so far i haven't gotten anything. No new site and no fico score with amex as of yet :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 99 of 666
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

1. The type of score.

Well going to see how it plays out , so far i haven't gotten anything. No new site and no fico score with amex as of yet :-(

Don't feel bad, i got the new site but no fico score

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 100 of 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.