Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offering free Xbox with the purchase of Dell PC

tag
DI
Super Contributor

AMEX offering free Xbox with the purchase of Dell PC

In my statement it says if I purchase a Dell PC with Windows 7 for $699 using my AMEX card, I'll get a free Xbox.   Is that a good deal? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX offering free Xbox with the purchase of Dell PC

@DI wrote:

In my statement it says if I purchase a Dell PC with Windows 7 for $699 using my AMEX card, I'll get a free Xbox.   Is that a good deal? 

If it's not a bottom of the barrel Dell, it's a good deal. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@DI wrote:

If it's not a bottom of the barrel Dell, it's a good deal. 

I just checked a couple of websites.  You can get a 4GB Xbox for $299.  You can get a Dell, not necessarily the same, for about $300-$400, too.   So one really isn't getting anything free. It's more of a convenience.

Message 3 of 5
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

I have seen those commercials on tv. Originally it was a deal for students, purchase a windows 7 based pc for $699 or more get a free xbox. I guess Amex picked up on it. 

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2011/may11/05-19mspcxboxpr.mspx

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart has a special on the 4gb harddrive xbox right now, 99 bucks or something. So not a very great deal.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.