Did you mean: 

AMEX online payment done in error .. NEED URGENT HELP

tag
mrlh1980
Contributor

Re: AMEX online payment done in error .. NEED URGENT HELP

@watch44 wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

That's not completely true. I use about 40,000.00$ - 45,000.00$ a month with my personal American Express Gold Premier Reward charge card and I make payments every Sunday for about 9,000.00$. I spoke with the Financial department regarding if it's an issue, they said it's not. Matter of fact it shows i have the ability to pay my account in full. I then asked if I were to charge 60,000.00$ one time would it get approved. She put on a quick hold and came back with a YES. As of now, I'm at 178,000.00$ in payments since January 2014.

Ok. You've piqued my interest, mrlh1980. What are you spending "24,000$ - 45,000$ a month... on track to spending 300,000$ this year" on? Because you seem to have a pressing need to mention this about every other time you post. What's really going on? Fine artwork? Home improvements? Zombie apocalypse preparedness? A ferocious jujube addiction?

Cat Wink

None of the above. I have a business which uses a lot of money. I only mention this because people on here aren't saying what I'm hearing from American Express Financial department.  

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 21 of 27
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Mrlh1980,

What I was saying is that there is no issue making multiple payments. But look at your ratio you making payments that are 1/3 -1/5 of your balance. And making about 3-5 payments.

The member stated charging 17,000-20,000 and making 1700 payments that's 1/10. That totally different. I am not a expert I'm just telling based on my experiences with Amex and speaking with reps.

Centurion, I don't think it is that easy.. Charge 250-300k and get a invite. There are plenty of people on this board that charge over 300k and don't get a invite. A few members even purposely charged over 300k only to find out that all they could do is be added to a list for a potential invite.

Also the charging over 250k Is across all your Amex cards from what I hear. I haven't heard anyone recently get a invite. I would like one too but not going to crzy if I don't get it. 2014 charging across all Amex= 379k +
Message 22 of 27
jd352
Regular Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Mrlh1980,

What I was saying is that there is no issue making multiple payments. But look at your ratio you making payments that are 1/3 -1/5 of your balance. And making about 3-5 payments.

The member stated charging 17,000-20,000 and making 1700 payments that's 1/10. That totally different. I am not a expert I'm just telling based on my experiences with Amex and speaking with reps.

Centurion, I don't think it is that easy.. Charge 250-300k and get a invite. There are plenty of people on this board that charge over 300k and don't get a invite. A few members even purposely charged over 300k only to find out that all they could do is be added to a list for a potential invite.

Also the charging over 250k Is across all your Amex cards from what I hear. I haven't heard anyone recently get a invite. I would like one too but not going to crzy if I don't get it. 2014 charging across all Amex= 379k +

Yea it takes more thank just spend to get Centurion. I know someone that was offerred Centurion and spent nowhere near 250k. Their spend was probably closer to 90k. They turned it down because they had no interest in it. The Amex rep did say if they were ever interested, they could call and get the card should they change their minds in the future. They have been with Amex for 20+ years.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 23 of 27
mrlh1980
Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Mrlh1980,

Ha charging 17,000.00$ - 20,000.00$ and only paying 1,700.00$ would make American Express look at them stronger. I have only 1 American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card. I started with a American Express Green Card back in July 2012. Then 2 months later offered me the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card. Now,  they want to give me the American Express Platinum Card, but I decline the offer. My goal is not to get the Centurion card. I can't justify spending 7,200.00$ then 1,200.00$ a year even though I can afford it. I just like using the card heavy and paying it back in full as I do with all my other cards.

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 24 of 27
newUser0
Established Contributor

One of my suggestion would be, get a relative/friend with chase Account. Then transfer the required amount to your Chase account. 

I believe Chase to Chase transfers are instant. This way, you can be good to both Amex and Chase.

Message 25 of 27
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:
Mrlh1980,

Yea it takes more thank just spend to get Centurion. I know someone that was offerred Centurion and spent nowhere near 250k. Their spend was probably closer to 90k. They turned it down because they had no interest in it. The Amex rep did say if they were ever interested, they could call and get the card should they change their minds in the future. They have been with Amex for 20+ years.

I have a client with the business Centurion, he pays me with the card most of the time. I asked how he got it and he called and asked for it - and they said yes. He told me to do the same based on my business Platinum and Reserve usage per year (around $250K - $280K combined). I called a few weeks later (early this year) to add a AU to my Platinum account and before I hung up I asked if I was eligible for the Centurion card. I got a fairly quick yes (and giggled inside) but told the CSR thanks for checking, was just curious about it and the perks and ended the call after she told me some of the features. I'm not spending that much for a card right now, plus I am a nobody. Although I like the sound of it plinking on a counter the perks are mild. Who knows in a few years if the perks get better, at least I know how to do it. 

Message 26 of 27
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I personally think that it's still not that easy to get it. I have the spend criteria, but I don't think it as simple as me calling and asking for a black card and just getting it. If it was then we would see at least a few member on the forum actually get it. Recently haven't seen anyone get it.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.