Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX online

tag
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

AMEX online

So, I've been through 2 chat sessions with 2 different AMEX reps. I am trying to set up spend alerts to email me everytime I use my AMEX card, and apparently AMEX doesn't have this feature? My Chase card has an option to email me anytime my card is used over a specified amount, and whether or not it was an online or in store purchase. I find it hard to believe that AMEX can't do this. Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX online

You can an alert to text or email you for any charge over $10 and set an alert for any online or phone charges

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each time I use any Amex online I get an email alert for "card not present transaction"

Message 3 of 7
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can an alert to text or email you for any charge over $10 and set an alert for any online or phone charges

The "card not present" email alert works fine, but I'm talking more in terms of physical use. The $10 spend tracking alert doesn't email everytime the card is used with the merchant name and amount charged, but rather it sends an email saying how much you've spent up to that date in that cycle. What I'm looking for is:

1.) I buy gas at a gas station, and use my AMEX card at the pump

2.) Receive email notification with Gas station name, and amount charged.

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DomLS3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The "card not present" email alert works fine, but I'm talking more in terms of physical use. The $10 spend tracking alert doesn't email everytime the card is used with the merchant name and amount charged, but rather it sends an email saying how much you've spent up to that date in that cycle. What I'm looking for is:

1.) I buy gas at a gas station, and use my AMEX card at the pump

2.) Receive email notification with Gas station name, and amount charged.

Why not just log into the app once a day or whatever?  Keep the information in one place which is way more convenient than email if we're talking a daily use card?  If it's not a daily use card and it's SD'd, wouldn't the spend tracking alert be sufficient and you could check the app if you thought there was something fraudulent?

Maybe I'm confused as to the use case heh.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set alert for large purchases. I believe you can set the amount to a low number. Also if you add your Amex card to Apple Pay it will alert you to every charge even if it wasn't don't through Apple Pay.
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Set alert for large purchases. I believe you can set the amount to a low number. Also if you add your Amex card to Apple Pay it will alert you to every charge even if it wasn't don't through Apple Pay.

I was going to suggest that for Samsung Pay as well

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.