Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX platinum or CITI prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX platinum or CITI prestige

Neither, the af is too high on both, if you wanna PAY to use a credit card, i'd suggest the CSP as it's under $100 af and actually WORTH IT.

Message 11 of 14
Makersmark23
New Contributor

Have had them both, kept Citi Prestige. It is just an overall better benefits program in general for most I think. You need another Amex for earning MRs, Prestige at least has an earning structure designed around travel.

100k MR is good, but if your choosing one or the other, I would say Prestige everyday .
[img]http://s26.postimage.org/vht4qanid/Sallie_Mae_WMC.jpg[/img]
Message 12 of 14
bch238
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Neither, the af is too high on both, if you wanna PAY to use a credit card, i'd suggest the CSP as it's under $100 af and actually WORTH IT.

If you fly, the effective difference in fees between Prestige and CSP is $105.  $450 - annual $250 air credit - $95 CSP annual fee = $105. I love my CSP (it's my primary card), but the additional benefits of Prestige are well worth $105 vs. CSP.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have CSP. I can get the Prestige for $350 so.... $350- $250(air credit)= $100.   Same as CSP

The whole purpose of getting a new card is the perks of travel and hotel and bonus points.

Amex is good but it doesn't have good lounges at the airport where I am.

I like the 4th night free and I think I can get at least $1500 out of it but having to book through their agency is a pain.

but I dont want to miss out on AMEX 100k bonus.... ahhhhhhh  ..... can't appy for 2, too much cards.... 

CITI Prestige is currently a little better....

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.