Did you mean: 

AMEX points & McDonalds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX points & McDonalds

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

vegans! *hisses* I'm too much of a carnivore to give up meat, I could go for some juicy kobe steak now.

Yes, I had trouble giving up eating babies (milk-fed, yum!!) but the police pressure made me have to compromise.

I heard those things taste great, especially with newcastle beer Smiley LOL *puke*

Message 31 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:
$400 in McDonald's meals?Ew gross! Give me that in shakes I guess & I will be set.

Gross?  I'd love to see pictures of the people who keep putting Mac food down... and what choices they really make in real life...

Mac food is good to have once in a while, and if you work out, your fitness shouldn't be altered one bit.

Just to add to your picture of me, I'm a vegan (really) so McDonalds really isn't suitable.    And while one meal every now and then won't harm your health, that's a very low threshold.  No redeeming nutrional value.

Oh great!  Now the MSers in an effort not to become extinct have become vegetarians!  Why, oh Why?  Why do you want to keep living here, wandering endlessly those nippy grocery stores when you can hurry up to cozy hell to be with your people?!?

Hasn't Amex suffered enough?  Take their deal on burgers and end it all !!!

I think that's a little unfair, not all MSers deserve to go to hell, there are some nice ones.   I met one once, he was nice.  Yes, sure, a bit too quick with his fists, always stealing from his friends, telling lies behind your back, but...  Oh, OK.

ETA: you will be pleased to hear I am no longer making Amex suffer.   Moved on to Penfed, see how that goes.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Amex Points at Mc Donalds?

@NRB525 wrote:

@plasticguy wrote:
American Express and McDonald's have partnered to offer you a new way to use points. When you visit a participating McDonald's, you can now choose to use Membership Rewards® points for your order. And when you use points, we'll donate $1 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities®. Use Membership Rewards points at the counter in McDonald's: 1. Use your eligible American Express® Card at the register 2. You'll see the option to use points along with the number of points you'll need to use 3. Press the green button to use points for your order This option will be available at all participating McDonald's in December 2014.Shocker!:smileysurprised

Well, all you micky-D haters, NOW how do you feel? Taking away funds from Ronald McDonald House. For shame.

Seriously, that changes the equation. I went last week to use a $5=free offer. Will have to venture back now to see how this "pay with points" works.... I guess I won't be able to use Apple Pay this time... which would have been only the second time.

That's the only reason I've even been to McD's in the last week. Smiley Very Happy

Best tasting McGriddle ever.

Message 33 of 36
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:
$400 in McDonald's meals?Ew gross! Give me that in shakes I guess & I will be set.

Gross?  I'd love to see pictures of the people who keep putting Mac food down... and what choices they really make in real life...

Mac food is good to have once in a while, and if you work out, your fitness shouldn't be altered one bit.

Just to add to your picture of me, I'm a vegan (really) so McDonalds really isn't suitable.    And while one meal every now and then won't harm your health, that's a very low threshold.  No redeeming nutrional value.

Off topic: I'm vegan too! Way to go; keep up the awesome job of staying healthy! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Happy

I also am a MyFico vegan! Maybe we can all start a sub (sub) forum for the best ways to maximize cashback at a farmers market, haha..
to stay on topic though, the donation thing is a nice idea, but I got out of the MR points game when I cancelled my PRG. Now its cashback from Amex or else!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 34 of 36
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when is this getting moved to smorgasboard? Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.