tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX points and categories questions

@msf12555 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I have the noAF Hilton and my points post pretty fast. The PRG seems to lag behind at least a statement or two. 

Lexie, so with your Hilton card, are we talking like a week? Or simply when the statement cuts? Thanks for all of your input.

As they post to your Honors account -usuallly within a week. For non Hilton charges, it seems to take a statement. 

Ah, that makes sense. So points on the card created by spend at Hilton properties generally post to your HH account quick, but general and non-Hilton category spend like gas stations and restaurants usually waits until statement cut?

The cards seem to have different rules, the blue cashback (Blue Cash, Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred) all post rewards more than a month after the statement in which they are earned.  So if your statement cuts Jan 30th say, the rewards earned in Jan will appear on the Feb statement, but won't post to the rewards account until early March.   Sounds like the Hilton cards are much quicker.

Message 11 of 12
RockySC
Established Member

Re: AMEX points and categories questions

I have the Blue Cash Everyday and rewards are a month behind. None on the first statement, then after that rewards are one month behind. They do it to make sure you don't get rewards for refunds, returns, and things like that.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.