Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre-approval site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX pre-approval site

With zero baddies you have a decent chance. Personally I'd be more worried to just get your foot in the door first. Baby steps. You can always call and ask if you should apply for Costco and you get denied if they'd consider you for another product. With 6 months of quality reporting under your belt with AMEX your chances can only go up. How many inquiries do you have currently?
Message 11 of 13
asanch12
Contributor

4 mortgage, 1 Amex from March, Citi and Macy's (reopened from '01) in Dec '09.  All from my experian report

When they pull my credit do they look at the ones from '09? Or do they only consider the ones within a year.  I don't plan on applying until mid December Or early January.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine were more recent and I had 3-4. I doubt they will really care about inq more than a year old. Honeslty IMO Your app looks good. They like higher salary from what I've heard. I think you have a good shot but call them to apply.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.