cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX preapproval if already have a card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX preapproval if already have a card?

Hi! Is there a way to check for AMEX preapprovals if you already have a card? When I try to check it tells me to log in to my account. Thanks for your advice.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX preapproval if already have a card?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi! Is there a way to check for AMEX preapprovals if you already have a card? When I try to check it tells me to log in to my account. Thanks for your advice.

All you can do is try to check the site thru an incognito browser and see if it bypasses the log in that way.  Even then, for a lot of us, it's impossible to check thru the preapproval site.  You can check to see if you have any offers via your account page but that's very hit or miss.

Nonetheless, it's still better to determine your chances of an approval by comparing your credit information to the criteria for Amex approvals.  If you already have an account (which you do), you can apply and if denied, it will be in 99.99% if the time, a SP, so there is no risk.  For a lot of us, even approvals are coming without HPs.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Irish80! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Irish80! Smiley Happy

You're very welcome.  Typically if you have an established account with them and your EX score is the same or better when you were initially approved, then approvals for additional cards aren't too difficult.  If you just recieved an approval for $500 3 months ago, it's probably better to wait.  Good luck if you decide to apply for another card.  Which one(s) are you interested in?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my first bona fide pre-approval tonight (when already having a card). There was a good thread about it a month ago (or so). If I can find it, I will post the link. 

Just fyi... I didn’t get the card coz I’m serious about my garden this time 😂

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BCE (?). I was not approved. My FICO score is a lot better than it was 2 years ago when I got the Delta Gold card, but they have never given me an increase. Oh well, I will keep working on my credit and try again in the future Smiley Happy
Thank you JustaGirl!
Message 7 of 8
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this I've been trying to figure this out...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.