Did you mean: 

AMEX prepaid card-any benefit?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX prepaid card-any benefit?

@armbenderc wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
This is an old thread. My first app was March 2012 and I was denied for delta card. I got the prepaid card as part of my rebuild and pushed a good bit though in in 3 months. I applied for zync in sept 2012 and instant approval. I did second app for delta and it was a triple pull but basically instant approval.

While I can't say my use of prepaid card had anything to do with approvals the fact I was borderline approval means any little thing could had helped. Last week I was instantly approved for 3xcli on delta. Now at 6k CL.

Triple pull... dang. Atleast you got approved and with 3x CLI.... btw, did they ever sp you yet?

i had a triple pull for my zync, so yeah. 

ive never used the pre-paid card. 

had a 1 and a half year aaoa at that point. about 5 new accounts in 2 months. 

since it was the end of the road for me i was fine with that. no inq's since then. hoping to apply next month for a revolver, and then im done until all my inq's fall off. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 41 of 49
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Triple pull and got two cards backdated to 1993. So I'm happy Smiley Wink. No last sp was oct 18. I've pushed 14k through Zync in 2.5 months and about 5k though delta in same time frame.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 49
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Triple pull and got two cards backdated to 1993. So I'm happy Smiley Wink. No last sp was oct 18. I've pushed 14k through Zync in 2.5 months and about 5k though delta in same time frame.

roc-a-fell-ar. 

share the wealth. 

well congrats. i was 2 then. i wont be getting any "good" backdating for a while.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 43 of 49
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Most of the money was to pay for repairs to my damaged home from hurricane Isaac which SBA gave me a loan. Might as well get pts for it Smiley Wink

Message 44 of 49
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

How can you monitor who is SPing you? I have score watch, credit karma, and credit sesame, but none of them keep track of soft pulls.
Message 45 of 49
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: GONNA TRY IT AND SEE: AMEX prepaid card-any benefit? UPDATE 1: Ordered Card

@IMA...

Why didn't you just get a secured credit card (that reports to all three beureaus)????

Message 46 of 49
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Damn old threads.  they lose so much history and context when the submarine and pop back up on the forum.  There are threads here about how to monitor SPs.  I use Experian's credit monitoring and there is an online dispute link.  I was able to see SP's from that as I was disputing another facet on my CR.

To other reply, I do have 2 secured cards that report to all 3 CRA's.  I now also have Zync- NPSL, Amex Delta - 6k CL, Walmart Discover - 5.4k CL, Chase Amazon Visa - 2k CL, Chase Freedom - 1.5k CL and my holy grail NFCU Flagship Siggy Visa - 25k CL.  During my earlier part of my rebuild, one of my goals was to get back into AMEX and use the backdating to get my old 1993 date.  As you can see from above, I did that.  I used the AMEX prepaid card on the slim chance that it would help my application.  No telling if it did or not but I cant argue with my results.

Message 47 of 49
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@ima...

Why didn't you just get a secured credit card (that reports to all three beureaus)????

Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 48 of 49
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Well, buying into a Serve (slave) card is kinda equal to just going into the Amex page directly, and filling out the "do we have offers for you?" section....

At least the 1k wasted could've gone toward some kind of "beneficial" activity that WOULD cause Amex to pay closer attention (by the CRA update lists, when people hit certain numbers....).

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.