Established Member

AMEX pulled TU & EX...why?

I recently applied for a HHonors Amex Card. Long story short, DECLINED due to BK7 from 04'. I heard they don't tolerate BK until it falls off report but I thought maybe I'd slip through :smileyhappy: 

Anyway, they pulled Experian and TransUnion score. Why would they do that? Any ideas? 

Super Contributor

Re: AMEX pulled TU & EX...why?

leetaig wrote:

I recently applied for a HHonors Amex Card. Long story short, DECLINED due to BK7 from 04'. I heard they don't tolerate BK until it falls off report but I thought maybe I'd slip through :smileyhappy: 

Anyway, they pulled Experian and TransUnion score. Why would they do that? Any ideas? 

They more than likely wanted to make a comparison amongst two of your credit reports in case of any discrepancies.  

Senior Contributor

Don't feel too bad. When they rejected me in 2007 they pulled all 3.
Regular Contributor

It's OK, they are not as grand as they think they are!

Not as widely excepted... & a bit overrated! 

-800 or Bust...!
Established Member

Thanks everyone for the encouragement...i'm sure you're right. I guess since I know they're jerks and discriminating....it makes me want a card from them :smileyhappy:  I know that probably sounds silly. I guess I'll have to wait it out...
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

lol, it's like being back in 7th grade, and the more a group rejects you, the more you want to belong to it! :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
lol, it's like being back in 7th grade, and the more a group rejects you, the more you want to belong to it! :smileywink:

Yeah I plan on getting one in the next year or so.

Frequent Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hauling,

AMEX is more like having an abusive girlfriend.  The more she abuses you, the more you want to please her and you hope she changes.  But she won't.  She'll string you along, make you think everything is okay, then dump you when you're most vulnerable.........

Frequent Contributor

ChemGuy wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hauling,

AMEX is more like having an abusive girlfriend.  The more she abuses you, the more you want to please her and you hope she changes.  But she won't.  She'll string you along, make you think everything is okay, then dump you when you're most vulnerable.........

And she'll ruin your chances with all the other girls "i.e, CCCs".

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

ChemGuy wrote:

ChemGuy wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hauling,

And she'll ruin your chances with all the other girls "i.e, CCCs".

After 28 years I think of AMEX as more like a sometimes-annoying spouse (though I'll never say that to my wife of 18 years:smileyvery-happy: )

Message Edited by MattH on 02-27-2010 10:35 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.