Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX question

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX question

@Gibran wrote:

I've read on various threads here that if you already have an account with them, they do a soft pull. That's just what I've read here.

Soft for CLI, Always a hard for a new account.

Also to the cash rebate person, you can probably PC that to Blue, then from blue in a month you might be able to go to Hotel or Airline.  Each card offers different cards to PC into than another.

Message 11 of 17
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

From my experience last week, you can't PC from a non-airline/hotel rewards program card to an airline/hotel rewards program card.

The said the reason had something do to with verifying the relationship to the rewards program.

Message 12 of 17
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@O-day wrote:

I want to do the same thing but i want to wait a year to be on the safe side and i also have way to many inquires...5, also one  question will they hard pull or soft pull when ever i do apply? any one know?

I have the Costco TrueEarnings and when I applied for the Zync, it was a hard pull.

Message 13 of 17
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

I think that because you were applying for a different products is why you got hard pulled, right? Charge Card vs Revolver...

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

From my experience last week, you can't PC from a non-airline/hotel rewards program card to an airline/hotel rewards program card.

The said the reason had something do to with verifying the relationship to the rewards program.

I believe if you search Amex PC, you will find my posts with all my PC and you can see what routes I had to go to get what I wanted.

I PC into Delta Plat, Hyatt Plus or whatever it's called and Starwood, then later to JetBlue and Blue.

I originally had Cash rebate business, Blue personal, and Platinum Business credit card.

I just can't remember which cards got which PC.

you get different choices from each card

Message 15 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

However from any card you can never PC to Lowes, Costco, or Plum.  Those 3 have to be applied for individually.

Message 16 of 17
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:

I think that because you were applying for a different products is why you got hard pulled, right? Charge Card vs Revolver...

Not sure if this was directed at my post above it or not, but I assumed that it was because it was a new application of any type as opposed to a credit limit increase on an existing card.  I haven't tried for a CLI yet w/Amex, so I don't know what they do in that case, but I do know that Chase did a hard inq when I asked for a CLI in July 09. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.