Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX question?

I had some charge-offs go off of my account last year (Dec) and I noticed that Amex did a soft inquiry. At the time I had a 724Equifax (In Oct) and they did the inquiry in Jan.

However, I didn't get any offers in the mail.

I decided to contact AMEX and the CSR was very helpful. He had mentioned that people who had charge offs were later on accepted for a card. He also said something interesting, in one call he had, that the prospective client was denied for a one card and decided to re-apply for another card and got it!

So, my question is to you, and I looked everywhere for this answer; since the charge off is completely off on all 3 credit reports and I have a credit score of 691 now, will I get the basic Amex card?

Secondly, I did a pre-approval, but it wouldn't go through??  And I'm not on the opt-out list...

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX question?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had some charge-offs go off of my account last year (Dec) and I noticed that Amex did a soft inquiry. At the time I had a 724Equifax (In Oct) and they did the inquiry in Jan.

However, I didn't get any offers in the mail.

I decided to contact AMEX and the CSR was very helpful. He had mentioned that people who had charge offs were later on accepted for a card. He also said something interesting, in one call he had, that the prospective client was denied for a one card and decided to re-apply for another card and got it!

So, my question is to you, and I looked everywhere for this answer; since the charge off is completely off on all 3 credit reports and I have a credit score of 691 now, will I get the basic Amex card?

Secondly, I did a pre-approval, but it wouldn't go through??  And I'm not on the opt-out list...

Thanks for your help. 

Ahhhhhh I'm not sureSmiley Wink Oh and welcome to the forum. My advice to you would be if the CSR told you that and you feel confident enough in applying for the basic Amex card, then *The King* wishes you luck in doing just that. Hope you get it.

Take Care

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.