cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX "In Process" Status? Good or Bad?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX "In Process" Status? Good or Bad?

@09Lexie wrote:
Good luck!

By the way..., did you go through card match? And, any reason you didn't wait until Jan?

And yes i tried to go through card match but it kept giving me an error saying i was identified as a previous AMEX card holder and wasnt eligable for the bigger sign up bonus, etc...

I dont really care though, i just honestly want the card and $150 is still a good amount of free money if im approved. I'll end up making it back in rewards, etc pretty fast anyway with the amount of gas and groceries i buy, haha.

Message 11 of 19
shane82388
Established Contributor

I called and was put on hold. The guy came back and said its still being worked on and would probably need another 24-48 hours.

Maybe ill check back later this evening...?

Message 12 of 19
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@shane82388 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Good luck!

By the way..., did you go through card match? And, any reason you didn't wait until Jan?

It owuldnt really matter by waiting until january since i already have a Green AMEX from 2011? wouldnt that be my oldest member date and this new card would be backdated to then?

Also, i dont really understand the reasoning for waiting until january...? I figured it out before, but have forgot lol. Seems counter intuitive to wait longer to get more history....

It will report to the CRAs with the month the account was opened and the year of your very first account with them. So...

By opening now, it will report as 09/2011

By waiting until January of next year, it would be 01/2011

You would have received several months worth of extra credit history, just like that.... voila!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Good luck!

It owuldnt really matter by waiting until january since i already have a Green AMEX from 2011? wouldnt that be my oldest member date and this new card would be backdated to then?

Also, i dont really understand the reasoning for waiting until january...? I figured it out before, but have forgot lol. Seems counter intuitive to wait longer to get more history....

The reasoning behind it is that say your first Amex card was approved in September of 2011 (9/2011), if you apply and get approved in January of 2014, your new card would backdate to January of 2011 (1/2011)  (Current Month/Member Since Year) which would actually increase your Average Age of accounts thus typically increasing your score.

It makes sense if you want to maximize your score, but with such a new card your only going to gain a few months.  Older the "member since", the bigger the benefit Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 19
shane82388
Established Contributor

UGH....well this is what just popped up...

bcp_declined.png

What should I do now? Does AMEX recon at all or just wait until next month?

Also, as usual i cant access the "Full Decision details". It never works when i click the link!

Message 16 of 19
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

UGH....well this is what just popped up...

bcp_declined.png

What should I do now? Does AMEX recon at all or just wait until next month?

Also, as usual i cant access the "Full Decision details". It never works when i click the link!

You should  call them and ask them why and yes, they do recon. Depending on what they tell you you might be able to reverse this decision. It all depends on why you were declined.

Message 17 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

they do recon but be prepared for another HP or HPs if you do .
Message 18 of 19
shane82388
Established Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
they do recon but be prepared for another HP or HPs if you do .

yeah, probably easier to wait until next month...hopefully my CURRENT credit standing will be showing next month since they always seem to pull a month behind or soemthing for current customers...

im pretty sure with over 2 years of perfect payments, high usage, and relatively low utilization, it shouldnt be a strech for an approval...i dont even care if its a small limit to start out with...its just frustrating when i've been the perfect customer, yet im still not really being "rewarded" in the least...in fact ive been fighting to get fraud charges taken care of since July on my AMEX Green! lame :-/

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.