Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reallocating limits and 3X CLI

tag
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

AMEX reallocating limits and 3X CLI

Hey all!  Does anyone know how the AMEX 60 day 3x CLI would be affected by reallocating CL from an existing AMEX revolver to a new one before the 60 day mark?

My fiance has a Delta Gold Amex but really doesn't fly much anymore.  She wants to keep the card, but we also want a BCP since groceries are our primary shared expense (so no PC option).

Her Delta card has a $10.5K limit, and the new BCP has a $2K limit.  If we shuffle the CL's so that there's $10K on the BCP and $2.5K on the Delta (AMEX allows that, right?), how does that affect the chances of a 60 day 3X on the BCP?  Will we still be able to request the additional $4K bump at 60 days?  Is it better to wait for the 60 day 3X and then reallocate?

Anyone had this issue before?  Thanks!

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX reallocating limits and 3X CLI

@hahayepyep wrote:

Hey all!  Does anyone know how the AMEX 60 day 3x CLI would be affected by reallocating CL from an existing AMEX revolver to a new one before the 60 day mark?

My fiance has a Delta Gold Amex but really doesn't fly much anymore.  She wants to keep the card, but we also want a BCP since groceries are our primary shared expense (so no PC option).

Her Delta card has a $10.5K limit, and the new BCP has a $2K limit.  If we shuffle the CL's so that there's $10K on the BCP and $2.5K on the Delta (AMEX allows that, right?), how does that affect the chances of a 60 day 3X on the BCP?  Will we still be able to request the additional $4K bump at 60 days?  Is it better to wait for the 60 day 3X and then reallocate?

Anyone had this issue before?  Thanks!

61 day 3x and then reallocate. 

I just did this a month ago with my ED & BCE. How far off is the 3x CLI on the Delta? 30k BCP sounds swell.

☮ & ❤
Message 2 of 6
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Wouldn't that be nice?!  The Delta limit is the result of a 3X a while back.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is Amex in regards to allowing the moving of credit lines?

Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@MstrPTato wrote:

How is Amex in regards to allowing the moving of credit lines?

K

Generally, the 'from' account has to have 13 billing statements and remain open until the process is completed and the  'to' account must have been opened at least 60 days. It's not a guarantee, as some have reported being denied the request to move lines. 

Message 5 of 6
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

Great info, thanks!

Looks like we'll wait for the 61 day milestone and go from there.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.