cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reinstated my green rewards card today!! (Follow up from my previous post)

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

AMEX reinstated my green rewards card today!! (Follow up from my previous post)

I just wanted to give you guys an update on my AMEX green card account. They did reinstate my account yesterdaySmiley Very Happy But now I wonder how this goes on the credit report. My account was in a payment plan for 5 months after AMEX closed my account. My question is are they going to report all the payments for the five months or just begin the reporting from April 2010?

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Re: AMEX reinstated my green rewards card today!! (Follow up from my previous post)

If you guys didn't read the first post here it is......

HELP!!!! Amex report chage off/bad debt on report (mistake) 

Hello FICO family,

I was checking my report today on EQ and discovered AMEX reported me as CHARGE OFF/ BAD DEBT status on my report. The problem is after AMEX closed my accounts last year they offered me an agreement to pay of the $1,000 I owed on the bill. I was never late when the card was open and have never been late on the agreement either. The agreement was $70 a month which I met and sometimes paid twice in one month. I NEVER received anything stating that "if the bill is not paid in full that it will be considered a charge off" all they stated was if the bill wasn't paid in full by the May 2010 I will start accruing interest on the payments.

I talked to a representative today and he stated if I pay the bill in full they could change the status to PIF. But I want the account to state "PAID AS AGREED". WHAT SHOULD I DO? I can pay the bill in full today, but I'm scared they won't report me as Paid as agreed. Has anybody encountered this and what is my best course of action? I don't want to settle for just a PIF status on my report.

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.