Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX rep says AU (ACM) info NOT reported to Credit Bureaus

tag
cabbit
New Visitor

AMEX rep says AU (ACM) info NOT reported to Credit Bureaus

I've seen a few threads (some very old) discussing whether or not particular CC companies report credit activity of additional cardholders. I just got off the phone with AMEX (where I happen to be an addiitonal cardmember) and the woman told me that they do not report additional cardmember information to any of the credit bureaus and that it is a matter of company policy.

Has anyone here ever heard anything different from them or had personal experience on the contrary?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Sobo
New Contributor

Re: AMEX rep says AU (ACM) info NOT reported to Credit Bureaus

We have a company card and an employee was an additional card member. There was an issue with the card, big fiasco, charging suspended. It is not on his credit at all.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 2 of 13
cabbit
New Visitor

Interesting. She did mention that if activity ever did appear that one could call them and have it removed if they weren't the primary cardholder...which sort of makes it seem like it can happen/has happened.

Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Totally incorrect. AMEX does report ACM's. Not sure about business accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

My Delta fell off EQ last march and I couldn't get it re-inserted.

Shows up on other two reports last time I looked.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

My DH is ACM on two of my Amex cards and both are reporting on his credit report.

We r now fighting to have the second card backdated to the year he was added to first card.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Totally incorrect. AMEX does report ACM's. Not sure about business accounts.

That's accurate, individual's ACM's are reported to the ACM's CRs.  Business accounts are treated differently, as they are in many regards.  Unless someone under a business account supplies info (for financial liability) or is connected to the business in a "decision maker" or "owner" type fashion,  they are not accountable (liable for the business's debt)  or "credited" as such (for the good history), depending on if things are good or bad.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They do report au.
Message 8 of 13
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I must be special because they report me to all three.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 9 of 13
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Yeah, Amex reports for AU/ACM's, at least for the AU on my Zync anyway.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.