Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX rep suggested I apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX rep suggested I apply

@Anonymous wrote:

limited credit history and one negative account with low scores.. I've been declined by quite a few cards already

What kind of derogatories?

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One charge off from First Convenience Bank which is being disputed at the time by a credit repair service (waiting to see if that works and if not I'll attempt PFD)

Message 12 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I applied for zync and was denied reason FICO score... BUT my Experian score was 580! The state farm letter I received a month ago said 479!!! Is it possible my experian score went up 100 points in 1 month!?!?! 

I would recommend you pull your Fico reports and see what is in your credit reports. What is your bad account on your credit report that is hurting you? Having no or less credit history should not hurt your scores. My suggestion, pull your reports and see what is in it and let us know. I would say stop apping for any other accounts for now since the inq's will start hurting your scores. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat with me.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One charge off from First Convenience Bank which is being disputed at the time by a credit repair service (waiting to see if that works and if not I'll attempt PFD)

Recent charge off = No No for prime lenders. I would stop applying and wasting more INQs right now. Two accounts are enough to build history while trying to removed negative from your report. If success, your score should be in low 700s and that's time to start applying again.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@concorduser PM sent! and @dookdig I wonder if the best thing I can do now is say screw this credit repair service (that's $300 I'll never see back) and attempt to PFD with that bank.. It's only $350.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Recent charge off = No No for prime lenders. I would stop applying and wasting more INQs right now. Two accounts are enough to build history while trying to removed negative from your report. If success, your score should be in low 700s and that's time to start applying again.

Wha!?!?! low 700s!? Really?!?!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On twitter and I basically explained my situation... I doubt I'd be accepted.. limited credit history and one negative account with low scores.. I've been declined by quite a few cards already... She said to open a checking and savings account (I saw savings not checking) have verifiable employment for at least a year and to apply on line and if i was denied I'd be given the reason and what to work towards to be accepted. Should I apply knowing I'll probably be denied?

I hate to say it but with your current scores its going to be impossible to get a prime CC but there is hope to get a subprime CC

I would try reviewing the cards suggested for you based on your EQ FICO score at this site http://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

If you don't know your true EQ Fico score sign up for the 10 day trial here at myFICO (assuming you haven't signed up yet)

Message 17 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I would try to repair your CR before going further and apping for new cards.  You have one chargeoff?  Any other negative information on there - lates, other chargeoffs, judgments, etc.?

Have you pulled your reports yet?  The credit repair company is disputing something that's legitimate?  Did you hire them?  How old is the chargeoff and who is it with?  Is it on all 3 reports?

I would go read the rebuilding forums on here as there is a lot of information and suggestions you can do to have this account(s) gone and your credit repairs.  Good luck to you!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.