Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX revolver equivalent to Green?

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

AMEX revolver equivalent to Green?

Is there a revolver that has the same benefits as the Green? 1MR point / dollar.

I don't have nor quite understand the Membership Rewards system. Are there different types of MR? (I think I've heard of MRE???). Can someone explain this or compare it to Ultimate Rewards?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bman86
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX revolver equivalent to Green?

@fittiger wrote:
Is there a revolver that has the same benefits as the Green? 1MR point / dollar.

I don't have nor quite understand the Membership Rewards system. Are there different types of MR? (I think I've heard of MRE???). Can someone explain this or compare it to Ultimate Rewards?

MRE is meal ready-to-eat. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

@fittiger wrote:

MRE is meal ready-to-eat. Smiley Very Happy

LOL! Shame on you. Smiley Very HappySorry OP, I don't know the answer.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@fittiger wrote:

The Amex blue, and Mercedes revolvers earn MR points if I am not wrong.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

with your 2 very nice Amex cards, why a green? or just a general type question?

and MR Express are not worth as much but not sure the exact break down.

Message 5 of 8
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Was looking for a friend. He's had the green for many years and claimed he only has 150,000 points. He doesn't want to pay more for PRG so I was checking to see if any revolvers earned equal points with no AF or more points with an annual fee of $95 or less. He only wants another card that wouldn't require the loss of his points balance.

The Mercedes Card looks to be the best option even though he wouldn't have much need for the Mercedes gift certificates. Thanks enharu! And I think the blue only earns MRE which apparently can't be transferred to partners.....if I'm understanding the program right.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fittiger wrote:
Was looking for a friend. He's had the green for many years and claimed he only has 150,000 points. He doesn't want to pay more for PRG so I was checking to see if any revolvers earned equal points with no AF or more points with an annual fee of $95 or less. He only wants another card that wouldn't require the loss of his points balance.

The Mercedes Card looks to be the best option even though he wouldn't have much need for the Mercedes gift certificates. Thanks enharu! And I think the blue only earns MRE which apparently can be transferred to partners.....if I'm understanding the program right.

Blue... regular blue... what is he saving these points for though... why not use the points and move into a better reward program?

Message 7 of 8
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Not sure...opposed to change
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.