Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX revolving card question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX revolving card question...

I have a Zync Charge card now for a year and I'm looking for a new AMEX Revolver card.  My score are current below and my question is...What AMEX revolving card are easy to be approve?  Will I get approve for Delta Gold?  Should I try Barclays first then wait 6 months before getting another AMEX card?  My EX util is around 36%.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX revolving card question...

I got approved for Clear when my score was 725 and util was over 50%.

Message 2 of 6
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for Clear when my score was 725 and util was over 50%.

Likewise, I was recently approved for an Amex Clear with ~50% utilization and a similar score. I have a long relationship (Amex Gold ) with them (~14 months).

Message 3 of 6
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

My personal opinion; is to only apply for the card(s) you want.

My first App for an AmEx was declined (I had very limited history, IIRC 3 months total history). So; I signed up on the AmEx website to be notified of offers. 

About a year later (building history); I received an offer for the AmEx Green. I shredded the offer, due to the AF. 

A couple/few months after that; they introduced the Zync card, and I got an offer. I shredded that offer (another AF card), and applied for the card I wanted (AmEx BC w/ no AF); and was approved. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that the Clear was my first app with AMEX.  At the time my AAoA was about 2.5 years with my oldest TL approximately 4 years old.

Pretty limited payment history though considering almost all of my TL are/were student loans that have been in in-school deferment.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the response... Got Approved for AMEX SPG and my CLEAR application still pending (fingers crossed).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.