Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX rewards mall?

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

AMEX rewards mall?

I just got approved for the amex prg card. Im 99% sure i will cancel it or see if i can pc to a no AF card before the AF hits, is that possible?? Anyways, I went to their rewards mall website what a rip off for your points. If I hit the bonus 25k points, Im much better off getting staples gift card than buying any electronics off there. Has anyone ever bought anything on there? When i can log into my account i will take a look at the transfer partners for hotels and see what i can get. I really dont like to fly i cant stand airports so i probably wont be transfering any points over to an airline. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX rewards mall?

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I just got approved for the amex prg card. Im 99% sure i will cancel it or see if i can pc to a no AF card before the AF hits, is that possible?? Anyways, I went to their rewards mall website what a rip off for your points. If I hit the bonus 25k points, Im much better off getting staples gift card than buying any electronics off there. Has anyone ever bought anything on there? When i can log into my account i will take a look at the transfer partners for hotels and see what i can get. I really dont like to fly i cant stand airports so i probably wont be transfering any points over to an airline. 

MR, UR , and SPG are best used for travel imo. All of them have really bad conversions for merchandise gc etc. 

I just noticed i omitted an important word there lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

MR, UR , and SPG are best used for travel imo. All of them have really conversions for merchandise gc etc. 

As a general rule, I don't think it is ever a good deal to get any sort of merchandise through a CC rewards program.  You can nearly always do better elsewhere.

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bigblue7722 wrote:

You can only PC a charge card to another charge card-which I believe all have AFs. The benefit of the PRG is its 1:1 transfer to FF programs, like the CSP.  Using it for gift cards would not be beneficial. 

Message 4 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

MR, UR , and SPG are best used for travel imo. All of them have really conversions for merchandise gc etc. 

+1 On  Amazon you can't even get 1 cent with MR points at least with UR you get that but still not the best way to use them.

Message 5 of 9
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

You can only PC a charge card to another charge card-which I believe all have AFs. The benefit of the PRG is its 1:1 transfer to FF programs, like the CSP.  Using it for gift cards would not be beneficial. 

I just did the PRG cause it was a free app with no HP for me. Im pretty sure i could not have gotten the bonus another credit card cause im gonna use that on the BCE. I saw that hilton gets 1500 points for 1000 mr points. So if i get the 25k points thats 37500 hilton points. Is it similar to the marriott program thats like a free night cat 6 hotel give or take.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I just did the PRG cause it was a free app with no HP for me. Im pretty sure i could not have gotten the bonus another credit card cause im gonna use that on the BCE. I saw that hilton gets 1500 points for 1000 mr points. So if i get the 25k points thats 37500 hilton points. Is it similar to the marriott program thats like a free night cat 6 hotel give or take.

if you are using MR for redemption for hotels that is probably best way, SPG redemptions is just plain horrible. Only thing is hilton points aren't really that valuable. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mongstradamus wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

if you are using MR for redemption for hotels that is probably best way, SPG redemptions is just plain horrible. Only thing is hilton points aren't really that valuable

+1. I only keep mine open for nostalgia and there's no AF. 

Message 8 of 9
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I burned 50k points on amazon when I had to cancel the card.  Horrible yield, only $0.70 per point but hey it bought christmas gifts for my gf and parents..

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.