Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX secure message......No response?

tag
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

AMEX secure message......No response?

I went back to my outbox online just to make sure it sent (I had received confirmation too).  Sent a secure message on Monday (8/19) @ 10AM - have yet to receive a response.  Is this common customer service for Amex?  This is my first experience and it's not a good one.....

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX secure message......No response?

I reported a few weeks ago, that secure messages were being delayed up to 3 business days and they encouraged live chat. There was a disclaimer when I went to send my message-also they were doing away with the feature entirely next week.
Message 2 of 4
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I reported a few weeks ago, that secure messages were being delayed up to 3 business days and they encouraged live chat. There was a disclaimer when I went to send my message-also they were doing away with the feature entirely next week.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I don't see anywhere that it allows me to live chat.  It gives me options to call, secure message and use twitter? I prefer not to put my personal questions out there on twitter.  Anyway, I don't have an issue calling, I've just never experienced and unanswered secure message so it was starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm guessing at this point I should call and see if they can view they can view the message and give me an answer. Thanks again!

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@jlfce1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I don't see anywhere that it allows me to live chat.  It gives me options to call, secure message and use twitter? I prefer not to put my personal questions out there on twitter.  Anyway, I don't have an issue calling, I've just never experienced and unanswered secure message so it was starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm guessing at this point I should call and see if they can view they can view the message and give me an answer. Thanks again!

I had the same confusion, but it's when you start to generate a secure message, you should now get a prompt that initiates a chat.  Yup, it's confusing...and not very customer service friendly. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.