Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX sent wrong card

tag
AyalaZero
New Contributor

AMEX sent wrong card

So, I applied for an AMEX preimier Gold card, and they sent me the regular Gold card.  The premier has a promo going for 25k points if you charge 2k within three months.  I called AMEX and they literraly transferred me from rep to rep, and 57 minutes later I was asked to call back in 20 min cause they are all busy.  They said:
1) They cant PC me cause the account is too new
2) I can get the Premier Gold card, but I wont be eligible for the 25K sign on bonus, since I am already a Gold Card member (This is the card THEY sent me on accident).

I don't know what to tell them, has anyone in here been through something like this before??  Oh, and to top it off, it even shows on their end that I applied for the Premier card, and got sent the wrong card!!  Ugh!!  Recommended move anyone??

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX sent wrong card

I would call Amex's Executive Office in NY.  They will fix it for you.

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 2 of 8
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Call em up and get someone from management on the phone. You need to get above the typical CSR level because I doubt they can do anything for you. It sounds like a genuine screw-up, and it takes someone with freedom of motion to resolve something like this.

I'm sorry for the negative experience with AmEx. Smiley Mad I've never heard of them making a mistake like this before. O_o Anything is possible though.

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@AyalaZero wrote:

So, I applied for an AMEX preimier Gold card, and they sent me the regular Gold card.  The premier has a promo going for 25k points if you charge 2k within three months.  I called AMEX and they literraly transferred me from rep to rep, and 57 minutes later I was asked to call back in 20 min cause they are all busy.  They said:
2) I can get the Premier Gold card, but I wont be eligible for the 25K sign on bonus, since I am already a Gold Card member (This is the card THEY sent me on accident).

I don't know what to tell them, has anyone in here been through something like this before??  Oh, and to top it off, it even shows on their end that I applied for the Premier card, and got sent the wrong card!!  Ugh!!  Recommended move anyone??

If it shows that you applied for the PRG then there shouldn't be a problem.  I have never heard of this before. Usually, it's they applied for the Gold and wanted the PRG.  

If you are getting nowhere with the CSRs then you might want to call the EO.  I'd would do a live chat and save the screenshot so you will have a written confirmation that they see you applied for the PRG and are now unwilling to correct the error. 

Question, on, did your approval email or status approval say Premier Rewards Gold? If so, you can use that as proof

Message 4 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@AyalaZero wrote:

If it shows that you applied for the PRG then there shouldn't be a problem.  I have never heard of this before. Usually, it's they applied for the Gold and wanted the PRG.  

If you are getting nowhere with the CSRs then you might want to call the EO.  I'd would do a live chat and save the screenshot so you will have a written confirmation that they see you applied for the PRG and are now unwilling to correct the error. 

Question, on, did your approval email or status approval say Premier Rewards Gold? If so, you can use that as proof

+1...i think you can also check the amex app status page and it'll show you which one you apped for

American Express Application Status

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 8
AyalaZero
New Contributor

I tried Live chat prior to calling.  They gave me the direct phone # to new accounts, and that's who i spent my lunch talking to. Smiley Mad  On my approval status it is showing as a Premier Rewards Gold card, and CSR have verifed that I applied for the Premier card and got sent the wrong card. I'll try again when I am off work, see what ends up happening. Smiley Indifferent

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 6 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@AyalaZero wrote:

I tried Live chat prior to calling.  They gave me the direct phone # to new accounts, and that's who i spent my lunch talking to. Smiley Mad  On my approval status it is showing as a Premier Rewards Gold card, and CSR have verifed that I applied for the Premier card and got sent the wrong card. I'll try again when I am off work, see what ends up happening. Smiley Indifferent

if they see you did app for the PRG then i don't see them not honoring what you apped for...just a matter of getting to the right people...hang in there Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 8
dnice77
Regular Contributor

What does your approval history say ? were you approved for SPG ?

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.