Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX should add "Zync Packs" to Green, Gold and Platinum

tag
Alcibiades
Contributor

AMEX should add "Zync Packs" to Green, Gold and Platinum

One of the more innovative things Amex did with the Zync was let customers create their own rewards program. I liked the restaurants and connect packs; I know many others enjoyed the Eco and Vegas packs. Amex tends to be innovative with its promotions (Twitter, Small Business Saturday, etc), and this was sort of an extension.

Why not make Packs a standard Amex charge card product offering for Green, Gold and Platinum (PRG already has its accelerated rewards structure)? You can call them "Zync Packs" or whatever. These packs would be more attractive as they will earn points in the more valuable Membership Rewards programs (vs the Express).

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX should add "Zync Packs" to Green, Gold and Platinum

Different question, How do we access our already enrolled packs now that Zync is discountinued?

Message 2 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I think that Amex really should look at going in that direction. The MR points program is lukewarm compared to a lot of other rewards programs, and this would be a great way to make it more attractive to cardholders. I've been using my Green as my general purpose card, but now that I have Venture a lot of that spending will be switched over to it because the double miles will give me a better return on the type of travel expenses I plan on incurring. If Amex allowed me to tack on rewards categories for a better return, they would definitely grab my attention.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 5
Alcibiades
Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Different question, How do we access our already enrolled packs now that Zync is discountinued?

I guess the only way is to call. Double points seem to be accruing, but I don't know how Amex is dealing with some of the other aspects of Pacs (like discounts on rental cars with the travel pack, certain gift cards with dining spending, etc).

Message 4 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

No Pacs please. The majority of my spend is on business cards with AMEX and unless they would allow industry specific Pacs I'll take the MR point per dollar. It's all about the volume of the spend (for me at least).

I would take more perks. Platinum card to access ALL airline lounges. Medallion levels for major hotel chains similar to what I get with car rentals. Also better transfer rates from MR to airlines or hotels that actually don't suck. What is important to me is seat upgrades, room upgrades, free breakfast and internet. 

But who knows what AMEX will do, let's all hope they boost this tired program soon...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.