Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX spending ability - fluctuating over time based on spending patterns

tag
ficofox
Regular Contributor

AMEX spending ability - fluctuating over time based on spending patterns

Hi all. I just recently got back into the Amex family and have a question on their Charge products (not the revolvers).

I've read that Amex continually adjusts your hidden spending ability number along with your spending patterns.

My question is, if I typically charge about $1,000 per month consistently, will my spending ability eventually be stuck at around $1,000 and no higher? How does that moving target exactly work?

Never mind - found plenty of threads discussing this already.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX spending ability - fluctuating over time based on spending patterns

I've had my zync since september and I started with a $1,500 spending limit which is typical with everyone between $1,000-$1,500 and I used it for everything spending about $500-$800 a month and they also soft your reports every month to monitor your other accounts and how you handle those along with your payment and spending history with them I dont see why you cant get at least $5,000 which is where Im at 9 months down the road. Hope this helps

amazon
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spending limit it $1,500, but I pushed $2,800 through it this month. I just pay at least once a week. I did make sure $1,450 reported. Not that it really matters.

~Steven

Message 3 of 5
Alcibiades
Contributor

How do you find out what your spending limit is exactly? Do you call and ask for a maximum? Online you can only guess with the "will this purchase be approved" button

Message 4 of 5
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

The online button is the easy way.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.