Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - spending behavior and CLI

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX - spending behavior and CLI

@seiyafan wrote:

It's only been 3 months since the last CLI and I already see the request credit limit increase link on the AMEX webpage, must resist....

i never could find the button,, i had to call, but then again im so blind

Message 41 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@seiyafan wrote:

I have been using AME BCE for 5 months now, on the 61th day they increased my CL to 6k and I am planning to get it to 10k in the next couple of the months. I know it's not a guarantee but which of the following two senarios is mostly likely end up with a credit increase? (Not an auto increase. Instead I will call them and ask but don't want to risk a credit pull for nothing)

1. Charge $300 to the card each month and pay it off every month.

2. Charge $3000 to the card each month and pay it off every month. 

Thanks.

I would think the more you charge to the card and PIF the more responsible you look to AMEX for a bigger CL.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 42 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@seiyafan wrote:

I have been using AME BCE for 5 months now, on the 61th day they increased my CL to 6k and I am planning to get it to 10k in the next couple of the months. I know it's not a guarantee but which of the following two senarios is mostly likely end up with a credit increase? (Not an auto increase. Instead I will call them and ask but don't want to risk a credit pull for nothing)

Thanks.

I would think the more you charge to the card and PIF the more responsible you look to AMEX for a bigger CL.

Thats why i have switched a lot of my spending on the BCE. I do the pif every week (a bit too much)

Message 43 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@seiyafan wrote:

Thanks.

Thats why i have switched a lot of my spending on the BCE. I do the pif every week (a bit too much)

eh, I guess thats to each is own. If AMEX tells you thats too much than you know its too much but if they continue to accept your payements without a problem more power to ya!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 44 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

Its just out of habit that a pif my cards every week. But now dale mentioned that he had a balance when he got the CLI. Ray same thing. So maybe i should let some $$ report when i get closer to my 61 days

Message 45 of 48
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Its just out of habit that a pif my cards every week. But now dale mentioned that he had a balance when he got the CLI. Ray same thing. So maybe i should let some $$ report when i get closer to my 61 days

i still have 0% on the blue

Message 46 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

You know I have it too. I totally fOrgot I have it for 6 months

Message 47 of 48
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:
You know I have it too. I totally fOrgot I have it for 6 months

when i tried for a CLI from citi they said no way u only pay the min payment,, i was no #$%^ i have 0%, then it went to 21% and i pif'd and have not used sence

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.