Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX still reports my auth user account question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX still reports my auth user account question

Hello all,

This is my first post after reading lots of helpful info.  I have a question about AMEX...

I was added as an authorized user last year on my boyfriends account and he ended up closing her account.  My authorized user account is still reporting as open even though his primary account is closed.  Has anyone experienced this or is my auth user account the execption?  My boyfriends history with AMEX was very short, only 6 months, he refused to fill out tax forms after an FR and he eneded up closing the account.  Now my auth user account is still open, and I am worried that if I apply for an AMEX later down the road they will FR me because I was an auth user on his account that resulted in an FR.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thanks all in advance,

JS

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX still reports my auth user account question

Auth account will have no play in an FR if you get your own account... you can simply dispute the account on your CR and it will be deleted instantly, or you can call the "credit reporting" number in sticky above "back door number" and they will fix.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying credit addict.  My boyfriends account was paid off before closing so it wasn't in bad standing.  Should I just leave the account alone so it can still report on my credit report.  I am thinking having an AMEX on my report will look good to other creditors.  What do you think?

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for replying credit addict.  My boyfriends account was paid off before closing so it wasn't in bad standing.  Should I just leave the account alone so it can still report on my credit report.  I am thinking having an AMEX on my report will look good to other creditors.  What do you think?

Yes I would leave it too!

Message 4 of 6
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

I just recently went through this situation except the account I was on was left deliquent.  I called AMEX CSR my card was still active 2 years later.  They promptly closed it and reassured me that it would not affect any future relationship with American Express.  The primary account holder is liable.

Hope this helps.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
pengy_wi
New Contributor

Is it that easy to get it deleted with other companies? My mother in law had my DH on a TJ Maxx account and he asked her to remove him in 2010. It was overlimit at the time and it still shows that way on his credit report, every month it reports $553 (limit was 500) last reporting date 11/2010. I think she still has the account open but its causing a drop in score for him.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.