Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX to Increase APR for Over 1 Million Cardmembers

tag
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

AMEX to Increase APR for Over 1 Million Cardmembers

Saw this on Bloomberg yesterday....It appears AMEX is already taking action to claim back a piece of what it anticipates to lose from their disolved Cosco relationship.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-25/amex-said-to-increase-rates-for-more-than-1-millio...

To be fair to Amex, it appears that the increase is to "better align" their low end APR's with the current market. 

However, the timing is ironic...no?

Has anyone gotten notification yet about their APR going up?  Wondering which cards it will impact...

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX to Increase APR for Over 1 Million Cardmembers

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

However, the timing is ironic...no?

How is it ironic?  Or is this the Alanis Morissette definition of ironic? Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt get an APR increase of normal APR but I just received an increase on Penalty APR to almost 30%! Glad I dont ever pay late!

Message 4 of 6
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

According to the article, there are card holders with prime rate Amex cards  as in 3.25% APR. It doesn't say how many of the million  are those 3.25. It doesn't sound like an increase for customers already at the post-card act 12.99 or higher rates we've seen.

Message 5 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.