Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX website is killing me!

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

AMEX website is killing me!

First, in Firefox, viewing cards and offers is super glitchy and won't display cards. Second, when it's open in IE, I have 4 pre-approvals (Gold, Platinum, HH Surpass, and Blue Cash Preferred) but if I click to upgrade or apply, I get an error that occurs on their side telling me they are upgrading their systems and they aren't responding. What gives?! Maybe I want one of those card?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX website is killing me!

Were do you see these pre-approvals????   Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 2 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Under the "CARDS" tab.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - - -

I need to check mine!

Ray

Message 4 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Hurry! Those preapprovals only last for a minute!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked and nothing there right now, but I will watch this in the future!

Thanks again,

Ray

Message 6 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You got it. Good luck.

Message 7 of 20
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I have to believe that if you see a pre-approval (if it means anything at all) and you later apply without a pre-approval but nothing has changed in your credit profile, you won't have a problem.  I was getting the same on and off preapprovals from Amex.  When I was finally ready to apply for the Starwood card, I had no pre-approval offers, and I applied directly through spg.com anyway because it was a better bonus offer.  Instant approval.  Of course that is anecdotal, but I just don't think it makes any sense that you would be denied if you applied without the pre-approval link if nothing had changed or better yet, if things had actually improved.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You make a good point Walt. I'm not ready to apply since I'd rather not press my luck with them, however, the 40,000 bonus points with first purchase is pretty enticing. 4 free nights is very appealing since I'm trying to plan a getaway on the cheap. Considering the $75 AF, I'd say that is a very good price to pay for 4 nights in a hotel.

Message 9 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I just dicovered a better deal--if you link through Hilton's website, you get 60,000 bonus points for instant approval as well as the 40,000 points for making your first purchase.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.