Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX went and FR'd me.

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX went and FR'd me.

@kobe81 wrote:

my amex business card how charges approved up to 50K also well as my personal amex green card.

my thing is that my TU and EQ is so much better to look at in terms of how credit. my EX is bad because they just wont work with me. I'm hoping Amex doesnt shut me down because of the EX report, even though they said that this is really just a income check.

my entire business is on hold because of this.

Too late now, but once this is over, get a backup card from another issuer to try to avoid having a single point of failure..  (Obviously if there is a very bad visible problem, multiple issuers will all reach the same conclusions and AA, but there are many other cases, like here, when Amex apparently isn't sure about something, whereas another issuer might not have any concern.)

Message 11 of 42
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's hard to say what put you on their radar but reconning with Amex if your CRs they pulled were incorrect just opens yourself up to a manual review.
What's done us done and there's nothing you can do now except wait for them to finish.

How much more was your wife spending?
Message 12 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
It's hard to say what put you on their radar but reconning with Amex if your CRs they pulled were incorrect just opens yourself up to a manual review.
What's done is done and there's nothing you can do now except wait for them to finish.

How much more was your wife spending?

+1

There's no point in trying to rationalize what AMEX is doing and why.  It is what it is.  Sure, it can be frustrating and inconvenient but hopefully lesson learned.  Just wait for the review to finalize and then evaluate your next steps.

Message 13 of 42
kobe81
Regular Contributor

My wife probably went from $1,000 to $2,800.

She always just got a new job. Even if she didnt have a job, I could pay it.

I am trying to get a second card though. Applied for the DUCK card and I'm praying that goes through.

As you guys said. What's done is done. Just have to wait for them to make a decision. I really hope though that they come back and tell me all is fine.

Message 14 of 42
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

My wife probably went from $1,000 to $2,800.

She always just got a new job. Even if she didnt have a job, I could pay it.

I am trying to get a second card though. Applied for the DUCK card and I'm praying that goes through.

As you guys said. What's done is done. Just have to wait for them to make a decision. I really hope though that they come back and tell me all is fine.

just a quick question...how long have you had your amex cards?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 42
rlx01
Established Contributor

170 vs 250 is irrelevant when you're spending 5k/m.

Something must have hit your CR or changed in your usage that triggered some automated system to flag you. Only you know what that is. Smiley Happy

As per the AU spending more than the primary... That's just a handy excuse (I would wager a huge percentage of AUs spend more than the primary at all banks -- most banks cant even differentiate AU/primary as the track data on the mag stripe is identical).
Message 16 of 42
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
170 vs 250 is irrelevant when you're spending 5k/m.

Something must have hit your CR or changed in your usage that triggered some automated system to flag you. Only you know what that is. Smiley Happy

As per the AU spending more than the primary... That's just a handy excuse (I would wager a huge percentage of AUs spend more than the primary at all banks -- most banks cant even differentiate AU/primary as the track data on the mag stripe is identical).

i'd have to disagree...with this case, amex can certainly distinguish which charges were made the by AU since their card number differs from the primary...even barclays can distiniguish charges between primary and AU.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 17 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

I think you'll be fine and should breeze through the process

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 42
rlx01
Established Contributor

djc1puno: I'm aware of this. My point was if this was a big deal all banks would be issuing cards with unique numbers. I don't see how it's unusual for the person who does most of the shopping/etc to also do most of the spending, AU or not.
Message 19 of 42
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
djc1puno: I'm aware of this. My point was if this was a big deal all banks would be issuing cards with unique numbers. I don't see how it's unusual for the person who does most of the shopping/etc to also do most of the spending, AU or not.

rlx01...point taken Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.