cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX won't take my payment - new account!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX won't take my payment - new account!

Next month they will report your 2nd statement balance (the one they just sent you)

look at it as always being 30 days behind.

@turninganewleaf wrote:
Okay, my new AMEX acct showed up on my CR's today (for TU and EXP anyway). It reported $83.27 which was my balance due on my first statement.
So, does that mean that the 30th or 31st is my credit reporting date? If that is my reporting date and I make a payment to get my util down to 9% on Nov 5th, will it report as being 9% next month if I owe $236.00 on a $1K CL?

Someone please explain as I'm very confused,
thanks!

Message 21 of 24
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

turninganewleaf wrote:
Cooney, I'll try to schedule a pymt from my bank acct to AMEX today.  But, you said you did this and it processed in 2 days but did NOT reflect the amount you paid.  Did you mean to say it did reflect the amount you paid?

Sorry, very confusing how I wrote that. What I was trying to say is that the amount I paid did not appear as part of the balance on my statement - it was properly credited at statement time.

Smiley Happy

Carol

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 10-31-2007 05:11 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's no big deal, this is what happens w/ amex when you first open a card, just mail a payment, and then wait for statement to cut  and you can make as many payments as you want. trust me, sometimes I get in the mood to make a payment every week.

don't freak out- just mail in a payment. if you want them to autowithdraw from your account, you will have to call and have them mail you the paperwork- otherwise you can pay as much as you want once the 1st statement cuts.

amex is great- imho. this is about the only bump you have to deal w/
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set mine up through mycheckfree.com and sent payments. I hope it goes through.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.