Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX you are amazing already...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

AMEX you are amazing already...

So as other might of read, finally got approved for an AMEX, albeit a low limit, but ill take it as it can be 9k sooner then later and gets me in the door with AMEX.

So I was an AU on my parents AMEX since 1990, anyways called them last night and they stated once I get the card to call them and they will update the info as I had to have the card in hard... Well, I haven't gotten the card, but logged onto the website and my MSD date has been updated from 2014 to to 1990!  Gotta love it, they must of just did it or the system recognized the relationship and automatically did it?  Anyways, no need to call unless the cards shows the wrong MSD date, but really coud care ess what the card shows..

I do want the EMV version, hopefully it is shipped that way standard now, or do you have to request it?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX you are amazing already...

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So as other might of read, finally got approved for an AMEX, albeit a low limit, but ill take it as it can be 9k sooner then later and gets me in the door with AMEX.

So I was an AU on my parents AMEX since 1990, anyways called them last night and they stated once I get the card to call them and they will update the info as I had to have the card in hard... Well, I haven't gotten the card, but logged onto the website and my MSD date has been updated from 2014 to to 1990!  Gotta love it, they must of just did it or the system recognized the relationship and automatically did it?  Anyways, no need to call unless the cards shows the wrong MSD date, but really coud care ess what the card shows..

I do want the EMV version, hopefully it is shipped that way standard now, or do you have to request it?

Should be an EMV off the bat.

Message 2 of 12
Berk
Established Contributor

All new Amex cards are EMV.

Message 3 of 12
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Just got mine last week, it's EMV. You can get on chat and have them "fix your member since date", they will send a new card.

Message 4 of 12
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@Berk wrote:

All new Amex cards are EMV.

That is awesome-!!!! I will be getting my SPG with EMV......that's what the CSR said 2 days ago.

Requested my Blue Sky on October 2014 to have it EMV as well. Yippie for all......

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 5 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on approval and on successful backdate.   The MSD is a great feature of AMEX!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on the MSD

Message 7 of 12
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats!!!  I am curious though....When you called, did you mention "backdate"?  I keep seeing these warnings not to mention that word to them and am wondering why, or even IF that makes any sense.  Thanks.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats!!!  I am curious though....When you called, did you mention "backdate"?  I keep seeing these warnings not to mention that word to them and am wondering why, or even IF that makes any sense.  Thanks.

It's suggested to people more so than a warning not to mention 'backdating' because the CSRs are more than likely not familiar with that term as it's an Internet forum phrase.  The CSRs are familiar with and use the phrase 'member since date' so you'll have a lot more success if you use that.

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I mentioned MSD (member since date) of me being on my parents AMEX and I heard that I can obtain this as well being from when I was added as an AU.  Hope this helps!

Only thing that stinks, but beggers can't be choosers, I heard it take AMEX about 2 months to report new accounts to the CRA's... That AAoA will deffinetly bump up my score  and help out most likely on the limit of my next target the CSP.. I guess 2 months is good though, that way I can get the 3xCLI from AMEX and not show any new apps in that timeSmiley Happy..

Building a portfolio of new cards is time consuming!  All takes so much time in matter of months/years..  If I had no pulls vs. 15 on my TU I would be going ape crazy in a few months, but that isnt the case.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.