Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-10-2007
0

Re: AMEX

Right after I activate my card, I'm going to ask the CSR if there's any chance of reopening my old green card too and take it from there. Thankfully, my EX is the highest at 643, the others are 609 and 563. I also just remembered today that my old Amex is still on my EX, thanks to some errant blip that gave the account an OK status back in 2001. I'll post back with my results Smiley Wink
 
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: AMEX



Sunset7 wrote:
Right after I activate my card, I'm going to ask the CSR if there's any chance of reopening my old green card too and take it from there. Thankfully, my EX is the highest at 643, the others are 609 and 563. I also just remembered today that my old Amex is still on my EX, thanks to some errant blip that gave the account an OK status back in 2001. I'll post back with my results Smiley Wink

Good luck!  Hope you have better results than I did.
 
This account from 1994 is giving me a 14 year history on EX, which is why it's much higher than the others, but I dread even thinking about what's going to happen to my EX score when it drops off in 2014.

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-10-2007
0

Re: AMEX

Ah, nuts! I got my Delta SkyMiles card today and called to activate it. I goofed up entering my acct # so I could speak to a CSR, and it put me right through to one. I mentioned I would like the card redated to "Member Since 1989" and she put me through to Card Replacement for this. You select "damaged card" in step 2 on the menu, btw. I explained to that CSR what I wanted and she explained that the Delta card is a new Amex product and she wouldn't be able to do that, but if I got another green card (not sure of other cards, didn't ask) then it would be dated 1989. Oh well, maybe in a few weeks I'll send them a letter in the mail with a photocopy of my charge slip from August 1989 and see what happens. Good luck to anyone else who tries Smiley Wink
 
Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-10-2007
0

Re: AMEX

I called back and got a different CSR who was more than happy to help me out. Gave her my old account number and, after doing what she had to do, said it's been taken care of! I logged in online and my welcome page now says "Member since 1989"! I really can't tell you how happy this makes me! Smiley Happy
Contributor
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎04-05-2008
0

Re: AMEX

Will any other CCCs besides Amex do this? I had Discover and Citibank cards from 1991-1996 that I closed in good standing, but now they're gone from my reports. I have every statement and complete documentation of everything, including welcome letters and closure letters. What can I say, I'm a packrat! Smiley Very Happy

I now have a new Citi card, and after seeing this thread I called the backdoor number to ask if it could be backdated the same way, and they said no. Would Discover be likely to do this if I got a new card with them?

I also had an MBNA from the same time, but it was *not* closed in good standing, unfortunately....
Scores on4/8/10: TU 731 EQ 731
Unapologetic Amex fan
Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-10-2007
0

Re: AMEX

The only other card I have heard to do this is Macy's- they'll re-open an old account, but it depends if they can find it or not from what I hear.
 
Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎06-13-2008
0

Re: AMEX

Hi Cheddar....what number did you call at AMEX to try and revisit the original date issue. I've been a member since the mid 80's, but my Blue is only 2+ years old. Having that average age get a bump would be very useful, with 3 new accounts in the last year.
 
Any help would be much appreciated.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: AMEX



Chazman wrote:
Hi Cheddar....what number did you call at AMEX to try and revisit the original date issue. I've been a member since the mid 80's, but my Blue is only 2+ years old. Having that average age get a bump would be very useful, with 3 new accounts in the last year.
 
Any help would be much appreciated.



The standard CS number on the back of your card can help with that.  They may transfer you to someone else, but I don't have a differnt number handy.
 
If you don't have any luck with the standard CS number, there may be a number for Amex Credit Reporting Bureau buried in the Backdoor Numbers thread stickied at the top of the forum.
 
Either way, if they can't find a record of your old account, you'll have to prove to them that you had one.
 
Good luck!
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎06-13-2008
0

Re: AMEX

Thanks Cheddar - I just got off the phone and, strangely, the card replacement rep told me she couldn't locate the original account, "but the CSR was able to."  Anyway, she said no prob with the switching the opened date on my Blue card from 2006, back to the original 8/87 date.  Said I'll receive the replacement Blue card (with the same acct#) in a couple of weeks)
 
Does that mean I just picked up 19 or so years of clean credit history on my Blue?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: AMEX



Chazman wrote:
Thanks Cheddar - I just got off the phone and, strangely, the card replacement rep told me she couldn't locate the original account, "but the CSR was able to."  Anyway, she said no prob with the switching the opened date on my Blue card from 2006, back to the original 8/87 date.  Said I'll receive the replacement Blue card (with the same acct#) in a couple of weeks)
 
Does that mean I just picked up 19 or so years of clean credit history on my Blue?


Yep, it sure does.  Congratulations on that that!  That'll help the cause, huh?

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.