Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX

I seem to be fairly certain that they remove the negative info upon receipt of payment of the previous balance. However, I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Ha.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

i seem to recall many threads on this relatively highly touted program, search for "oasis" and you'll get a lot of info. about the program
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input everyone, its greatly appreciated. I had AMEX send me out a acceptance letter, which I have to send in with my payment for the oasis program.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took advantage of the Oasis program earlier this summer. They back dated my new acct to my original acct opening date. But my old acct is still showing on all 3 reports. It's marked as paid with a 0 balance, but still listed in the derogatory section of each report. My new acct is showing as a new separate TL.

It was my understanding from reading threads here that the old negative acct would be removed, to be replaced with the new one while still retaining the old acts age. For those in the program, is your old acct still showing on your reports? If not, did they remove it voluntarily or did you need to call and ask them or send a GW letter?

Good luck with the program russw88. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimistic08 wrote:

I took advantage of the Oasis program earlier this summer. They back dated my new acct to my original acct opening date. But my old acct is still showing on all 3 reports. It's marked as paid with a 0 balance, but still listed in the derogatory section of each report. My new acct is showing as a new separate TL.

It was my understanding from reading threads here that the old negative acct would be removed, to be replaced with the new one while still retaining the old acts age. For those in the program, is your old acct still showing on your reports? If not, did they remove it voluntarily or did you need to call and ask them or send a GW letter?

Good luck with the program russw88. Smiley Happy

Just call and ask them to fix the old account-

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and will post here with the results. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
striper
Established Member

I went through the Oasis program.

About 7 years ago I had a green, gold and blue card.

After losing my job suddenly, Amex allowed me to pay my large charge card (green and gold) balances in monthly payments.  Somehow I fell behind and they closed all 3 accounts.

I paid the green and gold balances, and I think I was offered the Oasis program for the Blue card.

It was offered by a collector so I didnt really believe him.  He said I would be approved for an Amex optima upon payment of the Blue acct.

I ended up paying it off and got some cheese photocopy of an application.  Low and behold I got an Optima and have had it for 5+ years.

I would love to get a Green again, but wonder if Im on a black list.  My credit is poor so Im afraid to apply.

I checked my 3 reports and they all list the old Amex accounts.  They dont mention anything derogatory other than they were closed by grantor.  But balances are shown as paid.

Message 17 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@striper wrote:

I went through the Oasis program.

About 7 years ago I had a green, gold and blue card.

After losing my job suddenly, Amex allowed me to pay my large charge card (green and gold) balances in monthly payments.  Somehow I fell behind and they closed all 3 accounts.

I paid the green and gold balances, and I think I was offered the Oasis program for the Blue card.

It was offered by a collector so I didnt really believe him.  He said I would be approved for an Amex optima upon payment of the Blue acct.

I ended up paying it off and got some cheese photocopy of an application.  Low and behold I got an Optima and have had it for 5+ years.

I would love to get a Green again, but wonder if Im on a black list.  My credit is poor so Im afraid to apply.

I checked my 3 reports and they all list the old Amex accounts.  They dont mention anything derogatory other than they were closed by grantor.  But balances are shown as paid.

Rumor has it that after a year of solid payment history you should be eligible for other Amex accounts.

Here we go again...
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.