Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX

tag
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX

Wow thank you for responding, really appreciate that!
Message 11 of 18
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

You can get any AMEX Revolvers at 690-ish but the terms might be bad (low end).

However, we don't know how long to wait for a ''so called dream card'' unless we're really patient till your scores reaches 777 or all the baddies drop off if any.

All the best-!!!Heart

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

You can get any AMEX Revolvers at 690-ish but the terms might be bad (low end).

However, we don't know how long to wait for a ''so called dream card'' unless we're really patient till your scores reaches 777 or all the baddies drop off if any.

All the best-!!!Heart

+1  This.

If the OP is just bent on getting an Amex to validate their ascencion back into the world of good credit..I'd suggest that you clean up all baddies from your cr in order to solidify an approval and better terms (interest rate and credit limit).  

I am also seeing Amex as a dream card, and for much of why you seem interested in the card.  From  my observation, a 680 from EX will get you in the door.  Income of $67k seems to be more than enough?  Minus the factor of your other debts appearing on your cr?  As for revolver versus a charge card?  That seems to be purely up to you?  

And as I post this, my suggestion is to figure out what you wish to do with the card?  Having an Amex purely for the name does you NO GOOD!  Determine if you plan on burning the strip off the back through swiping it every day for groceries and gas or are you just looking to flash it at dinner with family and friends on occasion to impress those in the know?  Pick the card that will actually fit your needs.  I was so star struck with the Delta Skymile Card because I like the look (smh) and it is the opinion of many that it is the "easier" card to obtain.  But, I began to think,  I rarely travel, and having the card really isn't going to be of great benefit!  So now, I am thinking about the ED or BCE for my everyday use.  

Think it through as opposed to falling in love with a name

Message 13 of 18
reso

Actually I recently applied for a AMEX this was maybe my fouth time applying over a span of 1 year... can you tell I wanted one.lol Anyways. They ran Equifax. i have a lot of inquiries I have at least 20 (WOW) I applied for the Delta Gold Amex online and i was APPROVED finally. It was just a 4500 limit. Then I went and applied the next day for a Business Green Charge Amex and guess what it was APPROVED as well. No preset spending limits blah blah....... I just happen to be at my car dealer getting an oil change at Mercedez Benz. They were telling me about a card they offer it's the AMEX mercedez Benz card. Even though i had the 2 approved cards i just knew i would get declined well guess what I applied and was APPROVED with at 7500 limit though.

I just checked my scores my equifax is 670 my trans is 690 and my experian is 685.............

I have lots of credit cards pay a mortgage, car payment ,student loans etc. Normally never late onn any payments..... I actually had a repo on my credit that a recently paid off this year. i cant believe they APPROVED all 3. That was the only credit card I didnt have. I believe after about 60 days I can request limit increases. So i have been using them for everything and making the payment at the end of month. Can't wait to see if they actually raise my limit..

If i can get 3 of them then I know you can get 1 as well!!

@tendertan wrote:
Wow, good info. So my fear is inquiries I have 7 yikes! Only one that will fall off this year, and my last app was in Dec. Chase, Walmart, Cap.1 all where approved, and a credit union pulled a hp on me. I didn't app for a card just open up a Checking acct/savings.

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

Don't know what score is needed but I was declined with a 648 and approved some months later with a 650.

This was for the Delta Gold, I PC'd to the BCE soon after.

Can you elaborate? Was that a true Product Change from a Delta branded AMEX to the AMEX BCE? Or did you app separately for the BCE and then close the Delta afterward? There is a common (perhaps mis)perception that the Delta-branded AMEX cards cannot be PC out of that set of Delta cards to anything else.

I myself think the Delta cards would not PC to another card type, so a data point that shows they can would change my world view.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 18
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

Don't know what score is needed but I was declined with a 648 and approved some months later with a 650.

Can you elaborate? Was that a true Product Change from a Delta branded AMEX to the AMEX BCE? Or did you app separately for the BCE and then close the Delta afterward? There is a common (perhaps mis)perception that the Delta-branded AMEX cards cannot be PC out of that set of Delta cards to anything else.

I myself think the Delta cards would not PC to another card type, so a data point that shows they can would change my world view.

Yes it was a true product change from AmEx Delta Gold to the AmEx BCE. It saved me from having to apply for the BCE. I mentioned in another thread that I PC'd after about a week but it was more like a month. I wanted to make sure the Delta bonus (30K miles) posted to my account first.

I called and asked for a product change and they did it. It was a frontline CSR, I didn't have to be transferred to anyone. I did this a year ago so I'm not sure if they've changed the rules on this.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 16 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

Yes it was a true product change from AmEx Delta Gold to the AmEx BCE. It saved me from having to apply for the BCE. I mentioned in another thread that I PC'd after about a week but it was more like a month. I wanted to make sure the Delta bonus (30K miles) posted to my account first.

I called and asked for a product change and they did it. It was a frontline CSR, I didn't have to be transferred to anyone. I did this a year ago so I'm not sure if they've changed the rules on this.

Ok, definitely thanks for sharing. It's a common comment that no such PC is likely.

I learned something new today, and even more interesting is taking the miles and running... Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 17 of 18
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

@reso wrote:

Actually I recently applied for a AMEX this was maybe my fouth time applying over a span of 1 year... can you tell I wanted one.lol Anyways. They ran Equifax. i have a lot of inquiries I have at least 20 (WOW) I applied for the Delta Gold Amex online and i was APPROVED finally. It was just a 4500 limit. Then I went and applied the next day for a Business Green Charge Amex and guess what it was APPROVED as well. No preset spending limits blah blah....... I just happen to be at my car dealer getting an oil change at Mercedez Benz. They were telling me about a card they offer it's the AMEX mercedez Benz card. Even though i had the 2 approved cards i just knew i would get declined well guess what I applied and was APPROVED with at 7500 limit though.

I just checked my scores my equifax is 670 my trans is 690 and my experian is 685.............

I have lots of credit cards pay a mortgage, car payment ,student loans etc. Normally never late onn any payments..... I actually had a repo on my credit that a recently paid off this year. i cant believe they APPROVED all 3. That was the only credit card I didnt have. I believe after about 60 days I can request limit increases. So i have been using them for everything and making the payment at the end of month. Can't wait to see if they actually raise my limit..

If i can get 3 of them then I know you can get 1 as well!!

@tendertan wrote:
Wow, good info. So my fear is inquiries I have 7 yikes! Only one that will fall off this year, and my last app was in Dec. Chase, Walmart, Cap.1 all where approved, and a credit union pulled a hp on me. I didn't app for a card just open up a Checking acct/savings.

Good Luck!

Thank You, I decided to wait, I had surgey and I'm off work til March.  I'm planning on going for Amex around in Late April.  I have utilization now that I'm not proud of, but its nomore than 300, at max on a couple of cards.  My taxes come in (yeah I'm expecting a refund "itemizing" Lifesaver) I'm going to pay down my debts so I won't drown during my illness.  So far so good, but I'm so scared of failing, but if I can't do nothing else, I'll defintely pay the mininum. But knock on wood I haven't had to do yet, Ive been able to double to triple payments to my cards.  But if push come to shove I'll just do the minimum.  Hopefully someone can relate.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.