Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEx Platinum PC to AMEX Platinum Mercedes Benz

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEx Platinum PC to AMEX Platinum Mercedes Benz

Out of curiosity, I called to see what the PC policy was and was told that they could PC my card right away to the MB version I wouldn't get the 50K points sign up bonus The AF is $475 instead of $450 for the regular Plat. The MB Plat has all the same benefits of the regular Plat but with added perks see below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

-50,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after $1,000 in spend in the first three months of Card membership

-Airport Club Access to lounges including Delta Sky Club® and US Airways® Club

-A $1000 certificate each year you spend $5,000, good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz

-Up to 2,000 excess miles waived at lease-end $100 certificate at renewal of your Card account, good toward Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories

-Annual fee of $475

Earn Membership Rewards points on your eligible purchases

5x POINTS ON ELIGIBLE MERCEDES-BENZ PURCHASES

1x POINTS ON OTHER PURCHASES

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEx Platinum PC to AMEX Platinum Mercedes Benz

Congrats!

I assume you have a mercedes? Lol.
Message 2 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Congrats!

I assume you have a mercedes? Lol.

I did'nt PC yet, I should have mentioned that in my post Smiley Happy

I bought a new one last year so I still have a lot of warranty on it but my oil change and regular services are done at the dealership.

So I'm thinking i might benefit from the 5X points. Whether that justifies an increase of $25 in my AF, I don't know yet. Decisions...decisions

Message 3 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Ah! Lol

Its only 25 bucks difference, so you can always try it for a year, and if it isn't worth it you only spent an extra 25 bucks.
Message 4 of 27
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Or lease a new Benz every 2 years lol

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 5 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

Good point JSU Smiley Happy

I'll sleep on this one for today and see what tomorrow brings

Message 6 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

Or lease a new Benz every 2 years lol

Thought about that but i put too many miles on my cars to lease. When I stop travelling long distances, I might consider leasing.

Message 7 of 27
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

The $100 certificate every year good toward Benz accessories is worth the additional $25.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

The $100 certificate every year good toward Benz accessories is worth the additional $25.

It says the $100 is at the renewal of the card account. Does this mean every year when I pay the AF or renewing the card when my card exprires?

Message 9 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I assume you get it every year on your card anniversary, or maybe you can get it as soon as the new year starts like the airline credits.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.