AMX BLUE PC TO BLUE CASH, TAKES 13 MONS TO BCP

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMX BLUE PC TO BLUE CASH, TAKES 13 MONS TO BCP

@dalebb wrote:

That's what got us in trouble to begin with

Yeah, you got a point there......Smiley Wink

But you KNOW that banks and CU are already coming up with new & creative ways to skirt around the latest set of regulations, I'm just sayin' it would be nice if they would put some of their energy towards things like PCs that actually are mutually benefical to the us and to creditors.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

i have talked till im BLUE in the face, seems ther is no ways around this law

Thats generally the way with CC companies. They sometimes dont even want to hear anything else. But as you said its the law

Message 12 of 20
dalebb
Valued Contributor

I can see how it makes sense, not everyone knows what we have learned, so u could get suckered into something u can't afford

Message 13 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

On the good note, you got the 3X CLI. Are you going to try for another CLi in 6 months?

Message 14 of 20
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

On the good note, you got the 3X CLI. Are you going to try for another CLi in 6 months?

yes ofcourse,, what do i have to lose? i have the date on my dry board

Message 15 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
I would be surprised if it is a law that is behind this. I suspect that it is just Amex's own internal policy, likely some bean counters couldn't figure out how to credit and adjust annual fees.....

If someone knows about a law forbidding PCs within one year of a new account opening please speak up.......

It's the CARD Act. It forbids any change in terms that increases fees in the first year you have a card -- even if the consumer requests the change.

There is no way around the restriction, unless a new tradeline is opened. Period.

Message 16 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Thanks marine ! That is helpful....

The credit card act was designed to protect consumers from adverse actions from their creditors ~ not to stop consumers from initiating or requesting changes to their existing cardmember agreements, like PCs.

Banks could absolutely come up with a way to allow you to switch products, it might require some out of the box thinking or creativity though ~ something that financial institutions dont specialize in.

The CARD Act was designed so that Congress could tell us all how to run our financial lives. It also ensures that Congress keeps racking in campaign contributions and gets continous attention from financial instrustry lobbyists.

Message 17 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
There is nothing in the credit card act of 2009 that forbids product changes.

Companies seem to throw this out as an excuse to justify their own policies.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

I can see how it makes sense, not everyone knows what we have learned, so u could get suckered into something u can't afford

Most of those folks who got suckered should have known that First Primier was going to find a way to make money off of their otherwise unprofitable account -- especially considering that 40% CO rate FP had for CCs.

Message 19 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
There is nothing in the credit card act of 2009 that forbids product changes.

Companies seem to throw this out as an excuse to justify their own policies.

+1

No bank wants to be the test case for a U.S. Attorney or the AG of a state like NY using bullying tactics to flex their legal muscle so that they can make a name for theirselves on the way to the Governor's mansion or the U.S. Senate.

Even being right can be expensive if the lawyers end up costing you $100 MM to defend the suit. Meanwhile, you keep earning negative media in the form of hundreds of headlines about how bad bank X is -- even if it was the customer's choice.

Better to lie low, and let the next guy take the lead.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.