cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMeX preapproval impossible with current card?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMeX preapproval impossible with current card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree they should of, but as of today no HP.

While the SP decline for existing cardholders has been around for a while, recently some people have reported SP approvals for existing cardholders as well.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-credit-card-approvals-without-hard-pull/

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While the SP decline for existing cardholders has been around for a while, recently some people have reported SP approvals for existing cardholders as well.

Yep add me to that list. Hay I'll take it even tho it was only a 1k limit don't know why AMEX hates me on the revolver side with these 1k limits. I will be closing my Delta and moving the CL to the EDP then asking for a 3x after 61 days.

Strange thing is they told me I could only keep 800 of the 1k after closing the Delta so I held off till I can call back and try and keep all 1k.

Message 12 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep add me to that list. Hay I'll take it even tho it was only a 1k limit don't know why AMEX hates me on the revolver side with these 1k limits. I will be closing my Delta and moving the CL to the EDP then asking for a 3x after 61 days.

Strange thing is they told me I could only keep 800 of the 1k after closing the Delta so I held off till I can call back and try and keep all 1k.

I'm in much the same situation.  I burned Amex in BK7 17 years ago and they don't forget - they always use that as the reason when they deny my CLI requests (which they have done many times).  I finally got an auto-CLI for my BCP back in November ($1k to $3k) which was a great help, but my Delta Gold languishes at $1k (which is really OK... I don't use it often). 

I'm actually surprised they said you could move $800 from the Delta if you close it - most people are told they must leave $500 on the old card (I admit this is anecdotal, since I've not asked them myself... yet.)  In any case I've never heard of them allowing anybody to transfer the entire credit line, but it doesn't hurt to ask... if they do it for you be sure to let us know!  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have never burned them so maybe they are just being nice to me letting me keep 800. I mean I do run about 2k a month through my PGR card and pay the day after the statement cuts.
Message 14 of 16
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

Whenever I go incognito or not, it wont show me any cards that I am preapproved for, just tells me to sign in when I click on show my results..

Am I doing something wrong?

For current cardholders, you sign in, click the Menu>Cards>Personal Cards>Card Offers. This is the place where you will see any pre-qual offers.

Thats exactly what they are...offers, better yet....suggestions,not prequals. I see nothing that shows set APR. All it shows is the card I currently have and some featured cards.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 15 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

Whenever I go incognito or not, it wont show me any cards that I am preapproved for, just tells me to sign in when I click on show my results..

Am I doing something wrong?

For current cardholders, you sign in, click the Menu>Cards>Personal Cards>Card Offers. This is the place where you will see any pre-qual offers.

Thats exactly what they are...offers, better yet....suggestions,not prequals. I see nothing that shows set APR. All it shows is the card I currently have and some featured cards.

I have been told that is where the pre-qual offers would be for current cardholders. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.