Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

Yep....a "7 to 10 day" response from Amex is like a Dear John letter with 3rd class postage....They just want to let you down easy and give you some time to soften the blow...

However, I just received a 1000 dollar increase on my Optima card using the LUV button on their website. So Amex isn't totally refusing CLIs to all customers.

Admittedly, it was my first ever increase from them and my limit is only a paltry 3K with the increase. But it was a nice gesture on their part...I only use them for small stuff anyway since they're not as widely accepted.

But hey, there's no real risk to asking for a CLI from Amex....They've never given me a hardpull inquiry for any of my previous requests for additional credit. In fact, their customer service reps tell me there's no shame at all in asking for an increase every 6 months---as long as you can back up your declared income and don't push your limits to excess...

Regards,

Cato 

Message 11 of 18
Established Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I will NOT be asking ANYONE for a CLI this year!!

Nor I either.

Message 12 of 18
Established Contributor

@GomerPyle wrote:

Note to self, leave AMEX alone.

I wrote that same note quite a while ago myself

after reading many Amex threads in this forum.

Every offer in the mail from Amex goes right to the shredder.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yall serious..hmm i know it doesnt hurt to ask, who knows they will give me one.. *cross my finger*..My credit score with Amex (Experian) is 724.. So I'm hoping I qualify for it

Message 14 of 18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
* i know it doesn't hurt to ask,

* who knows they will give me one.

* *cross my finger*.

* Actually many people have been hurt by asking,

* They might give you one FR, one CLD or one of each.Smiley Indifferent

* Cross a finger or pray, what ever works for you. You definitely can use any help you can get if you step up to spin the Amex wheel of fortune. There are a couple of spaces that you definitely don't want the wheel to stop on. Smiley Wink 

Message 15 of 18
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yall serious..hmm i know it doesnt hurt to ask, who knows they will give me one.. *cross my finger*..My credit score with Amex (Experian) is 724.. So I'm hoping I qualify for it

Yes, it CAN hurt to ask.  Hard pulls, denials, CLDs or outright cancellation are possible outcomes today by asking for more credit.  Unless you really need more credit (and most of us don't) just sit tight, use what you have responsibly, PIF and wait for times to get better.  Once we get past all these issues the banks will be more motivated to lend.  Until then, back away from those luv buttons.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly i wont be asking for any CLI although I thought of that, but not anymore.

I'm so glad I did it all last year, from $1800 -> $4800 -> $10000.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling that i didnt get approve for CLI..What kind of American Express are they? they are supposed to express everything
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.