Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

Ok this question is for those who uses Blue American Express card. I have a Blue Sky card and I just request for a credit line increase online. Has anyone ever request for CLI online and did you get approve? Can you share your experience with me?

After I submitted the request info, the message gave me "you will receive a letter within 7-10 days".. Is this normal for requesting credit line increase with AMEX..

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 03-31-2009 09:26 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
smalldede
Valued Member

Re: AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

Sounds like they need income verification, FR or tax return. Smiley Sad

Good luck

Message 2 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I wouldn't ask for any CLI's from them. I and ask for a CLI in January 2008 and they suspended my account due to a financial review. Ten months later, they decreased my limit from $1,000 to $500. I didn't have a balance on it.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww you serious. That's too hassles
Message 4 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I got a nice CLI on the phone after I had had the card 7 months.  But my score had gone up 50 points and that was the good old days.

I will NOT be asking ANYONE for a CLI this year!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I don't think we will see AMEX handing out large CL's and CLI's anytime soon as that's what they were know for.
Message 6 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I applied for CLI on my Clear Card last month and I got 7-10 message. Later I received letter stating my credit score is low for cli. I dont think any one could cli from amex for next few months until things settle down. I am glad they approved the plum card for my business.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww really, I just request for a $3000 increased and I hope I will get it. I just want a fixed credit line enough to use and revolving credit line so I won't ever have to request again..You know what i mean?

I hate low credit limit card, it's irritating when the balace adds up lolz..

Message 8 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

None of these lenders are stable nowadays and there's no such thing as a "fixed" credit line. Lenders want to limit their exposure so they exercise their right to reduce CL's. It's not something we would like to see but it's reality.
Message 9 of 18
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

I requested a CLI on my AMEX Blue card last month. I got the 7 to 10 days nonsense. Thats AMEX speak for "You Must Be Kidding Right." I was declined even with what I think are very good numbers. I am convinced that AMEX is very short of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Note to self, leave AMEX alone.

Message Edited by GomerPyle on 03-31-2009 02:51 PM
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.