Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

[ Edited ]

Ok this question is for those who uses Blue American Express card. I have a Blue Sky card and I just request for a credit line increase online. Has anyone ever request for CLI online and did you get approve? Can you share your experience with me?

After I submitted the request info, the message gave me "you will receive a letter within 7-10 days".. Is this normal for requesting credit line increase with AMEX..

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 03-31-2009 09:26 AM
Valued Member
smalldede

Re: AMerican Express Credit Line INcrease Question

Sounds like they need income verification, FR or tax return. :smileysad:

Good luck

Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

I wouldn't ask for any CLI's from them. I and ask for a CLI in January 2008 and they suspended my account due to a financial review. Ten months later, they decreased my limit from $1,000 to $500. I didn't have a balance on it.
Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

Aww you serious. That's too hassles
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I got a nice CLI on the phone after I had had the card 7 months.  But my score had gone up 50 points and that was the good old days.

I will NOT be asking ANYONE for a CLI this year!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

I don't think we will see AMEX handing out large CL's and CLI's anytime soon as that's what they were know for.
Super Contributor
concorduser

I applied for CLI on my Clear Card last month and I got 7-10 message. Later I received letter stating my credit score is low for cli. I dont think any one could cli from amex for next few months until things settle down. I am glad they approved the plum card for my business.
Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

Aww really, I just request for a $3000 increased and I hope I will get it. I just want a fixed credit line enough to use and revolving credit line so I won't ever have to request again..You know what i mean?

I hate low credit limit card, it's irritating when the balace adds up lolz..

Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

None of these lenders are stable nowadays and there's no such thing as a "fixed" credit line. Lenders want to limit their exposure so they exercise their right to reduce CL's. It's not something we would like to see but it's reality.
Regular Contributor
GomerPyle

[ Edited ]

I requested a CLI on my AMEX Blue card last month. I got the 7 to 10 days nonsense. Thats AMEX speak for "You Must Be Kidding Right." I was declined even with what I think are very good numbers. I am convinced that AMEX is very short of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Note to self, leave AMEX alone.

Message Edited by GomerPyle on 03-31-2009 02:51 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}