Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMex "will my charge be approved"?

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

AMex "will my charge be approved"?

So I heard if you play with this "will me charges be approved" you will be locked out. Is it bad to do it a couple times? I want to know what is my spending limit on my platinum card. I don't want to be declined and be embarresed lol 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMex "will my charge be approved"?

Just test it for more than you will spend in a month.

next month check it for double that.

so if you think you will spend $3k, Id check for $5k, then next month check it for $10k.  It will raise very quickly!

Message 2 of 9
shakalaka
Established Contributor

You can use it two times a day, then it will lock you out. I used it every other day at the beginning, no problems ever. After a while it gets boring. I think I used it last in August for fun with a high amount (7x my highest balance ever) and also never heard somthing negative.

Once they know you, they "limit" is way above one normally can spent. At least for the personal version.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 9
plasticcards
New Contributor

I just checked for the internal limit. I put if they would approve $3k it said at this time yes it will be approved! So that's good. I wanted to try $5k but I dont want it to get locked and llok desperate and keep trying to up it lol 

Message 4 of 9
shakalaka
Established Contributor

I had 4K in the first month. It went up to 5K after my first statement and payment. I think it was 10K or so after my second statement ... after 4 month they "approved" 25k ... more then I ever will need. 

Just be a little patient Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 5 of 9
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

I've always heard 2 times a day so I never do it more than twice a day when I do it and I've never had a problem with doing that
Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 6 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@plasticcards wrote:

I just checked for the internal limit. I put if they would approve $3k it said at this time yes it will be approved! So that's good. I wanted to try $5k but I dont want it to get locked and look desperate and keep trying to up it lol 

You can just call and speak to a CSR they will be able to tell you when I opened my PRG they told me the limit when I asked.  Keep in mind though it does changed based on your spending pattern.  I am sure it fluctuates the most in the first 6 months until they get a better idea of your spending habits.

Message 7 of 9
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

I talked to a CSR when I opened the platinum and they said they couldn't tell me the internal limit because it's not set and they can't even view it. Maybe she just didn't want to deal with me haha
Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 8 of 9
plasticcards
New Contributor

Ya, I supposed 2 a day is the limit. I will wait for next month. But considering I wont even wastge 3k a month I guess I should stop wondering how much is the limit lol I will probably do 2k a  month if that lol 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.