Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANGRY BUT HAPPY WITH MACYS

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

ANGRY BUT HAPPY WITH MACYS

3 year customer with Macys both store card and now American Express, first time requesting credit limit increase told them i wanted "soft pull" the lady said "i will let you know before we proceed" well i was given CLI on both cards but BAM was hard pull on Experian.  Im happy but angry if that makes sense.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: ANGRY BUT HAPPY WITH MACYS

Yea sure it makes sense!  I did the same process as you for a CLI for the store card and I told the CSR that if she had to do an HP to stop the process.  I wound up getting the increase.  However if I found out later that an HP showed up anyway I would be pissed!  There is no excuse for someone in the credit department not knowing the difference between a soft and hard as well as not knowing how the system that their company uses works.  

That's why I use the chat function whenever possible for my CC's so that I can have written proof.  If I were you I would call back and speak with a high level manager to get that removed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Its as simple as freezing your reports. If you go in with the understanding on both parties that it is a SP for the CLI the worst thing that can happen is they will tell you to unfreeze your file. If you still want it for a HP you can unfreeze. They can still access your file If they are going to SP for CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Anytime you call for a CLI assume you will be getting a hard pull and be pleasantly surprised when you don't.  Front line CSR's rarely know the difference between a HP and SP.  If you get a HP there isn't really anything you can do as they have the authority to do one regardless. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.