Contributor
hersheykisses

ANGRY BUT HAPPY WITH MACYS

3 year customer with Macys both store card and now American Express, first time requesting credit limit increase told them i wanted "soft pull" the lady said "i will let you know before we proceed" well i was given CLI on both cards but BAM was hard pull on Experian.  Im happy but angry if that makes sense.

Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Re: ANGRY BUT HAPPY WITH MACYS

Yea sure it makes sense!  I did the same process as you for a CLI for the store card and I told the CSR that if she had to do an HP to stop the process.  I wound up getting the increase.  However if I found out later that an HP showed up anyway I would be pissed!  There is no excuse for someone in the credit department not knowing the difference between a soft and hard as well as not knowing how the system that their company uses works.  

That's why I use the chat function whenever possible for my CC's so that I can have written proof.  If I were you I would call back and speak with a high level manager to get that removed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Its as simple as freezing your reports. If you go in with the understanding on both parties that it is a SP for the CLI the worst thing that can happen is they will tell you to unfreeze your file. If you still want it for a HP you can unfreeze. They can still access your file If they are going to SP for CLI.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Anytime you call for a CLI assume you will be getting a hard pull and be pleasantly surprised when you don't.  Front line CSR's rarely know the difference between a HP and SP.  If you get a HP there isn't really anything you can do as they have the authority to do one regardless. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+