Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

APP SPREE YIPEE!!

So I finally tired of paying a ridiculous interest rate on my car loan I decided to bite the bullet and re-fi my car.  I called DCU and they offered a much lower interest rate.  Nice!!!  So since they pulled my report I asked about the Visa.  SCORE!!!  I decided to call my local CU that I also belong to.  DCU wasn't going to finance me for the entire amount of my loan, but my local CU was!  And they approved me for a Visa also!!  So I decided since I was at it to go ahead and see what else I could get approved for

Approved

DCU- $2000

Local CU- $1000

Discover IT-$1200

Barclays-$750

Wal Mart-$700

Chevron-$400

Denied

Chase

Wells Fargo

Amex

Bof A

Citi

Paypal MC

Tried reconning all of the above but no go.  Chase almost said yes,  try again in 6 months with a little bit longer history of on time payments.

Well it's a start!!!  I cancelled my FP cards as their AF was about to hit which just left me with Cap 1 and Victoria's secret.

So off to the garden I go to nuture my new CC's and hopefully some good growth!!!   Thanks everyone for all the great info in the board.  Couldn't have done it without you!!!

New Contributor

Re: APP SPREE YIPEE!!

Congrats,and off to the garden you go!!
Established Contributor

Congrats bro!

What order did you app in? 

What AMEX did you app for? AAoA and Inqs?

Established Contributor

see you in the Garden.... Time to grow

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Regular Contributor

congrats on the approved cards!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Moderator Emerita

New Contributor

I applied for DCU first.  Then Discover, Chase, Amex, Barclays, walmart, and Chevron was last.  The others I tried after Wal mart but before Chevron.  I went for the cards I wanted most.  My AAoA differs from each credit report.  My oldest 2 tradelines are  from 1993 that report only to Experian and TransUnion.  They both don't report to Equifax for some reason.  So it averages between 3-4 yrs.  2 inq's on each when I started.

New Contributor

Thanks everyone!!! 

Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

@rex_03 how do you have a chase sapphire preferred with the limit of 4k??? I thought their minimum was 5k??? That's what I've kept reading at least! Did they approve you for that limit?
CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Regular Contributor

Congrats

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.